Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226-9-Navy Login/Join 
posted
Thinking about purchasing one LNIB for $800 at local shop. Only concern is it has Trijicon sights installed and I don't believe that was a factory option. Serial # however is OOxx so Should I buy?

Haven't seen one of these in a while.

Posts: 150 | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Does the serial number have a prefix of NSW?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my bad yes it does

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You found one of the 2000 NSW pistols from 2004, and a very low serial number at that. Mine is NSW1766, to give you an idea.

These pistols were supposed to be the only Trident-bearing P226s offered by SIG, but they just couldn't resist putting more of them out there once they realized the demand.

And no, those Trijicons were not mounted by SIG. That pistol came with standard von Stavenhagen bar/dot sights.

posted Hide Post
SIG wouldn't have put Trijicons on it...right? Worth $800?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
800 seems high to me. If it were brand new in the box, factory test fired only, perhaps.

Just my opinion. If you like it and want it, you should pick it up.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Didn't that model, the NSW's specifically, come with a COA (certificate of authenticity)?
Is all the paper work there?

quote:
In 2004 SIGARMS released a limited number of specially serialized P226 pistols identical to those supplied to the U.S. Navy SEALs. The P226-9-NAVY is made to the exact specifications of the pistols supplied to Navy SEALs including special corrosion-resistant finish on internal parts, contrast sights, slides engraved with an anchor to designate them as Naval Special Warfare pistols and a certificate of authenticity. For commercial sales the pistol will come with two 10-round magazines. These limited production P226-9-Navy pistols will also carry a special unique “NSW” serial number starting with NSW0001.

I wouldn't say 800 is necessarily high if it's complete.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everything is there.

I'm assuming someone intended to carry this and had Trijicon sights installed. I guess SIG would have installed Siglites in my opinion.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The idea was to issue a pistol that was as close as possible in configuration to the P226 pistols SIG manufactured for NSW. Consequently, all the NSW pistols were equipped with standard von Stavenhagen bar/dot sights.

It would not be at all difficult to find a set of von Stavenhagens to mount on that pistol.

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
With that Serial Number, its worthy...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Anyone has one with the serial NSW0226? Now, that would be the one most desirable out of that series, imo. Cool

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
100% Sea-Moose
posted Hide Post
I have an Uncle that retired from the Navy that has been ON THE LOOKOUT for the NSW1775 serial number.....he's willing to pay to dollar for that one because that's the year the navy was founded

Posts: 301 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have s/n NSW 0373. Paid $850.00 with all the goodies and is mint. Has the original von Stavenhagen sights which I prefer. Hope this helps.

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
von Stavenhagen

Are the von stavenhagen sights available at SIG?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Post an ad in Classifieds. Someone will have a set available.

Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
i saw about 5 new navy 226 guns at the show last week.i will call those dealers and check serial #

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Considering OBL's fate, that definitely is the s/n to have.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On layaway, I'll have pics after I make payment. Serial number is under 40. I New I should have stayed out of the store.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As the old saying goes, you can never pay too much for a gun; you can only pay it too soon. Wink