Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Love my P220 Login/Join 
Picture of Steve in PA
posted
I qualified my department last week and on day #3, we do handgun drills (marksmanship) and then I run them through a stress course. All of them are shooting high capacity 9mm or .40 caliber handguns. Me, I'm still rocking a single stack P220!

Minimum number of rounds to run the course is 23, but I missed the last plate on the plate rack, so I ended up having to shoot 24 rounds.

I got beat by our first place shooter by 5 seconds (he had a penalty), but he's also 37 years younger than me!! I could have been his grandpa!!

https://youtu.be/VtwsvAF3f38

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+(7x7x7)

Exactly! Extremely gratifying running a 220 side by side Glocks (9s & 40s) and 1911s!

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
I love the Sig P220

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9186 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Excellent shooting! What is the distance between you and the targets?

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
That is awesome.

Happy to see some still believe in the P-220.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Actually, I run 8-round magazines in my P220.

Distances are roughly;
Paper targets: 8-9 yards
First steel: 23 yards
Pepper Poppers: 10-12 yards
Second steel: 15 yards
Plate rack: 12 yards
Pepper poppers: 12-15 yards

The three paper targets are not the same. They have numbers 1-6 in circles, triangles and squares with different colors. In other words #1 on the first target may be a blue circle, but on the other target is could be a yellow square and the last a red triangle. And, the numbers are in different positions too.

Shooter rolls a die and gets a number. The shooter then has to identify that number on each target, firing two rounds. A 5 second penalty is added for not getting both rounds in the correct shape. The significance is an officer having to correctly indentify the correct deadly threat.

The hanging steel is roughly 8x11. First steel is fired behind cover, requiring 2 hits from each side.

Next is the barrels. Shooter needs to slice the pie and knock over the pepper poppers.

Second hanging steel is shot through the pipe. Again, 2 hits required from awkward shooting position, some knelt while others crouched.

Plate rack next, then last two pepper poppers are shot from standing position.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Steve in PA,

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
This is the shooter who came in first with a raw score of 49.99 seconds + 5 penalty for a total of 54.99. He was shooting a Glock 22 .40 caliber....and he supposedly shoots NRA Competition, so I don't feel too bad coming in second! He ended up shooting 29 shots, total.

https://youtu.be/rpQIfB5piMY

Steve

Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Your vid is so inspiring - Have the same P220 I think. Love it

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post