SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    45. ACP - who carries it still? Or is it a 9mm world?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

45. ACP - who carries it still? Or is it a 9mm world? Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
I’ve been tinkering with my Colt 1911 Commander and wondered if people have all gone to 9? I used to carry a 9 Glock 19, a S&W 640-1, and a colt commander. Now all I carry is my 9’s (and the 640 when I’m feeling saucy...). I’m feeling nostalgic for my 1911’s...do you carry one? Or is 9 the king now?

Post pics - I need to feed my 45 envy...

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to admit I have been carrying my 9 (Shield 2.0 9mm) because the pistol is small, lite, reliable, accurate and convenient. However, I have been considering carrying my alloy frame Commander sized 1911 again. I am not concerned about the capacity, and it is super reliable, accurate, thin, ergonomic to the hand and an overall fantastic fighting gun....Plus I already have an IWB holster for it.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I have a glock 30s but carry the 43x I did pick up a bunch of 45 ammo just recently some of my local stores still have that and 40

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Looking at the gun shops, .45 and .40 caliber guns and ammunition are still on the shelves. There are no 9mms to be found.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm limited by policy, otherwise I'd be carrying a 1911 or P220 in .45 ACP.

I'm not certain that a LW Commander-pattern pistol is that much more of a burden than an average mid- to full size double stack 9mm.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Retiree here. Standard carry is a DW CCO in 45acp prime with P238 380acp BUG. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
rented a 45 couple of weeks ago ( before
Range closed) been 2 years since I have shot 45 . Holes in holes ..... miss my 45s, but the recoil pulse is too much for my bad hands.... carry all 9 now at work and off. Most have left 40 and 45 for 9 ...

Posts: 305 | Location: Chicagoland  | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 308th_sps
posted Hide Post
For my last 2 retired LEO firearm qualifications I have shot my 1911 in .45acp and that’s what I carry all the time now.

308th_sps

American by birth
Veteran by choice
Southern by the Grace of God

Posts: 199 | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of was0311
posted Hide Post
I few years ago I minimized to 9mm, 5.56 and 12g. That is my 3 gun setup so why use anything else right?

Anyway, I sold a P220 Carry, I miss that one. I got all caught in round count.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I thought I might need a few more rounds on tap during the apocalypse, I safed my .45 P220 in favor of my .40 P250. I have multiple .45s:
3 1911s 1 P320 1 P250. 2 P220s
I enjoy the 9mm but it wont replace the .45 for me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not all people have gone to 9mm, but the vast majority have. While I carry a 45 now and then, a 9mm has become the choice I carry the most.

Posts: 166 | Registered: September 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My home defense pistol is a .45 ACP, as are two of my carry pistols. I really like the round.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
My nightstand pistol is a P250 in .45 but I carry a 9 Shield 1.0 so I haven’t abandoned the caliber. If I could pocket carry my full-sized P250 I would though. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Surprisingly all the 40’s disappeared from my LGS during the last run on guns. Even the ammo! I was amazed to find the 9mm selling for more than the 10mm. World turned upside down,lol

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I carry and shoot 1911s more than anything else, all in .45ACP.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Still do part of the time, other times its nine.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Retiree here. Standard carry is a DW CCO in 45acp prime with P238 380acp BUG. Smile

Classic with Distinction right there. Nice.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.45 in 1911. Occasionally .357 revolver.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 Colts and a Glock 21. The 21 is my Duty gun and the Colts are everything else. Hell, I even have a .45 acp cylinder for my Blackhawk.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I’ve gone away from .45 as I am condensing calibers instead of having too many. 9 mm for me, although, I AM. a 10 mm lover.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post