SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    45. ACP - who carries it still? Or is it a 9mm world?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

45. ACP - who carries it still? Or is it a 9mm world? Login/Join 
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Glock 30s. Pickle Rick.

Posts: 2873 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I still carry my HK USP45. Cool

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been carrying my Walther PPS M1 in 40sw for a while now. No plans of switching.

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a full size Sig 1911 Nightmare in a Andrews Custom Leather MacDaniel II holster. In My case no need for anything smaller to carry comfortably concealed.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the moment, I'm carrying a Kimber Stainless LW 5" in .45 ACP. I switch off sometimes to my Commander LW in .38 Super.

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My normal carry gun is a P226ST 9mm, but I do still carry a 1911 in .45 ACP at times.

I like the 9mm for cheaper practice. I like the 45 because it tends to put bigger holes in things.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a number of small 9mm's that I enjoy.
But I have accuracy issues with all of them beyond about 10 yards....that I don't have with any other pistols.
As close-up self-defense pistol, they're great.
But my edc is my .45 Shield 2.0.
In my hands, it's much more accurate and I know has the extra knock-down power if needed.
Which I hope never is.
It may have limited capacity, but I think the extra "oomph" and accuracy in my hands is an acceptable trade-off.

My target grade 9mm's are fine for range use and I can get very good groups with them.

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by was0311:
I few years ago I minimized to 9mm, 5.56 and 12g. That is my 3 gun setup so why use anything else right?

My thought exactly!

Pete T. (aka Ted1Trading)

Posts: 506 | Location: CT & FL USA | Registered: February 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 41 in a Desantis OWB

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gundog55:
I carry a full size Sig 1911 Nightmare in a Andrews Custom Leather MacDaniel II holster.

IMO, one of the very best OWB holsters made. I have one for my SIG P220-10mm and another for my Ruger GP100-10mm.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I qualified with this for my ccw, so it’s often with me.

Posts: 13 | Registered: January 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim Bridger
posted Hide Post
It depends on where I am. If I need to go into the Back Country it is my SIQ P-220 Hunter 10mm loaded with Bear Killer. In close quarters a small 9mm or .380 works.

Posts: 54 | Registered: March 14, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Retiree here. Standard carry is a DW CCO in 45acp prime with P238 380acp BUG. Smile

Classic with Distinction right there. Nice.

Thanks! Big Grin

Since folks are now citing holsters, here's what I normally use for the 1911:

--IWB Andrews McDaniel II holster with body guard
--OWB Rob Leahy’s SimplyRugged 'Cuda Roy Baker style pancake holster

And normally for the P238:
--RKBA leather pocket holster
--IWB Blackhawk 421433BN-R

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I have a double stack .45 for (1st line) home defense and a P220 Carry SAS Gen2 that I will carry sometimes when it's cold. Also when really hot and wearing untucked shirts.

I have to admit the lions share of days belong to a 9mm Walther PPS M1.

All get fed with HST.

Posts: 7248 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post

Once things get calmed down...I plan to qualify again with these to get them on my qual list...

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
I've been using my P239 for the most part, with the occasional carry of the P228. I picked up a HK 45C recently and just need some more hands on before I start to carry.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I think people's personal preferences aside, a quick trip to about any gun shop will answer that it is a 9mm world. There is tons of .45 ammo and pistols. Zero 9mm ammo, and they sell any 9mm pistol in as soon as they get it.

The hilarious part of the latest panic is my gun shop is sitting full of 1911s. They did not sell a single 1911 of any caliber during the recent panic. They have two cabinets full of all steel Springfields, Colts, and Kimbers. Some .45ACP, .45GAP, and one or two .40 Glocks, .45 FNs, a couple of SIG P220s, and various other wheelguns. They do have a few full sized 9mm pistols here and there, but they have been selling.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I used to carry full sized .45s; 1911 Government, GC or Commander, S&W CQB, etc. on duty. But since retirement, I have carried mostly .38 Spcl. or 9MM. Occasionally the S&W CQB .45 I carried full time for a few years.

It does seem to be a 9MM World.

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm a 9mm guy... it's just in a 40 cal case:

357 Sig

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I mainly carry my Sig 1911 stainless carry .45 acp with some Cylinder and Slide parts in it. Best trigger pull I've ever had in a 1911 style pistol and has been totally reliable with everything I've fed it.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post