SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    45. ACP - who carries it still? Or is it a 9mm world?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

45. ACP - who carries it still? Or is it a 9mm world? Login/Join 
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I still prefer and carry 45s. I carried them on the job and see no reason to stop. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Glock 21SF is what I keep handy when out and about.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I find myself carrying my Colt Defender more and more. In an OWB holster it's just too easy and comfortable and has become my usual EDC. Yes, I know 9mm ammunition has improved, but from a short barreled concealed carry piece, I still like the idea of making bigger holes.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Well, I still love my .45 (Sig P220).

I carry it on duty and still love shooting it. However, I do like shooting 9mm because it is cheaper, both to buy factory and reload when compared to the 9mm.

My off-duty carry is a Glock 26 or 19.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Work guns are all 9mm, so there's that. When I'm on my own time I've been carrying my 1911 in .45acp a lot lately, and I just picked up a P245.

Posts: 8567 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the 45 and have a few , but I`am out on my own the 9 has more rds and is lighter, its Glock 19M or 26 gen 5 for me .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am all 9mm , and .38/.357 right now. The last month has seen a lot of consolidation to the collection.
I also have a weakness for 10mm and at some point may have yet another but really no place for .45

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From fall to spring my Colt Commander 1911 .45 is my CCW. Summer time I change over to my 365. My 1911 is my preferred CCW. Both carried in IWB holsters

MSgt, USAF Security Police (Ret)

Posts: 14 | Location: PA | Registered: January 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
Shield 45 in my EDC here! I also own the Glock 43, LC9S Pro, and Shield 9. Just something about the 45 "punch"! Plus, I shoot it well.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in the process of going back to the 45. I now carry a 220 on duty and a Glock 30S off duty. I love them both. I actually can't decide which one I like better. The nine is fine but I think the 45 is better.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I carry a j-frame, but keep my Sig P220 close by at night.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Aside from carrying .357 SIG periodically, my main daily carry over the last couple years has been primarily 9mm.

I'd moved away from my 220s, 1911s and didn't carry .45 ACP much at all. But then I got hands on and later test fired a S&W PC Shield .45... and that got me back into the .45 game.

I carry my .45 Shield about a third of the time.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Over the years the "magic" calibers have come and gone, but the 45.ACP and 9mm live on in popularity. Sometimes one is more popular than the other, as is happening now but these two calibers will always have a place in the EDC of most of us.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
My alternative caliber is .40.
Lots of quality used inexpensive guns (in normal times) and usually the last ammo to sell out.
I don't shoot it much anymore but have a good stock of ammo if needed.

Posts: 9506 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
9mm is king as far as sales,

45, at least in this area is still strong,

personally
I carry either one ,,, depending on the day and mood,

between a Colt Commander or a SIG 228 (or 220)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I keep all three (9, .40 and .45) major calibers in carry guns. I have practice ammo, carry ammo and holsters for all three.

Usual carry for me is a 9mm in pocket and .40 as a truck and house gun. I have carried the .45, and still like to do so, but don't do so often.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I have since the 1970's, but 9mm for summer in the same platform.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
My Kimber Ultra in .45 is a little tack driver. It gets carried once in a while but 98% of the time the 9mm gets the nod.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Still very happy with my .45 HKs and they see use.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cslinger,

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
As I sit here, I am wearing my XDs 45 in an Azula OWB holster. It has Trijicon night sights and a good old fashioned bike tube on the grip. Doesn't get carried every day, but it is carried several times per month.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post