SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SW MP 9C ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SW MP 9C ? Login/Join 
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted
I found a SW MP 9C for $249.99. I figured at that price why not. Gun is at 95% or better. I just woundering what would be the best upgrades? Apex trigger, XS sights, or just leave it stock and use it as a car gun

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
Shoot it before you waste money on upgrades.

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I carry a 9c 5 days a week as a back up gun and have for years. Before the 2.0 Compact (confusing name choice), the 9c was my heat of the summer time carry gun. Great choice from contact to 50 yards.

My personal favorite mods are an Apex DCAEK, and Trijicon HD XR sights.

Enjoy your steal of a deal.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I suspect that the 2.0s will continue to drive the prices of used early generation M&Ps down, particularly when it comes to the 'compact' model. And yes, now having two different sized guns as 'compacts' has made it a bit more confusing for consumers. But then again, the Honda Civic used to be considered a sub-compact at most back in the day; now it's larger than many previous generations Honda Accords.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
an Apex DCAEK, and Trijicon HD XR sights.

Enjoy your steal of a deal.

^Listen to the man.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice score.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MPrimo
posted Hide Post
I put Warren tactical sight on mine with a F/O front because thats what I see best. I had bought an Apex trigger and was considering a new barrel but decided against both because the little gun shoots so well as it is. Sounds like you got a great deal ... definitely shoot it first before changing it up. It is a really good gun IMO.

MPrimo

Sigs, Glocks, 1911s, M&Ps ... well, you get the point!

Posts: 617 | Location: New England | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine was very good right out of the box and I haven't changed a thing. Shoot it a bit before deciding if you need any aftermarket parts.

Posts: 220 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: May 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 40 of the same gun. It is my EDC. I put the Apex DCAEK trigger in it, TruGlo TFX Pro sights and a grip activated green Crimson Trace laser on it. It's a good shooter, and I feel like I have all the bases covered with it as a defensive gun now.

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

I have an M&P 2.0 Compact in 9mm and it's my primary carry weapon. I like it much better than my Glock 19. I just got a new 1.0 9C, to replace my Glock 26. I'll use the 9C as my carry gun when riding my Harley or in T-shirt only weather.

Both guns shoot extremely well, and are equal in accuracy and performance to my Glocks or Sigs. I went with these over my other handguns because of their overall ergonomics. I don't feel much difference between the 2.0 and 1.0 triggers in actual combat shooting. They both are fine in stock form for me, but I may go with Apex sears after l retire...

I don't think my Glocks or Sigs will get much carry use now.

JJ

Hot and Sunny SoCal, T-shirt and shorts 85% of the year!

Posts: 274 | Registered: July 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I have a 357 Sig in the SW MPc. Its a good shooter and great size to carry. I added some magazine extensions from Greg Cote, and now I have a 13 round compact pistol, the extensions add just the right length to the grip.

Also, I had the slide treated with Ion Bond, and have The Hackathorn sight setup. I added a stand alone Apex trigger to it, to see what all the hubbub was about Apex, the trigger pull is different now with the hinge break of the standard trigger.

The MPCompacts have been shadowed by the Shield line over the years, and not as popular.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I added the Apex DCAEK and RAM to mine. Also added a 10-8 rear U-Notch sight and an XS Standard dot with tritium front sight. Now it is perfect for me. I just purchased the 2.0 Compact but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Looking forward to my next range trip.

Lobo Gunn

We live, we learn, we lead so that our children may become our Future.

Posts: 356 | Location: Gainesville, Florida | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post