Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P225 prices Login/Join 
posted
Did a search and nothing came up. Gave away my German made P225 to my daughter sometime back because she liked it and she shoots the lights out with it. But now I miss the darn thing a lot. So I started looking for one and I am shocked by the prices! Looks like people are asking $800-1000+ for the few out there. Even the asking prices for P6s have gone up considerably. Is this what they are selling for or is this wishful thinking? I think I got my Herndon gun for about $500 a few years back. Thank you for your time.
John

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jlindly,

Posts: 4 | Registered: January 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prices have gone up on many things now but even prior, P225 prices were on the rise. They are a great gun and getting harder to find.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SIGforum.

Prior to the import of the P6's, the P225 enjoyed a cult-like status. Very sought after, because they damn near fit everyone's hands. The good news was, if you bought one and it did not fit you, you could sell it and likely not take a loss.

When the P6's hit the market, it reeked havoc on the P225 market. The prices on the P225's did come down, but there was still more of a demand for a P225 than the P6, with that holy hammer.

The inexpensive P6's have dried up and the prices are on the rise.

I do not know if the prices for P225's is back to where it once was, but it appears to be rising.

Even in this day of modern, plastic, high capacity 9mm's, there is still a demand for original P225's.

On a side note, I once examined an early green box P225. Its trigger was smooth, but it was the heaviest trigger I have ever pulled, second only to my Radom P64.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jlindly:
Did a search and nothing came up. Gave away my German made P225 to my daughter sometime back because she liked it and she shoots the lights out with it. But now I miss the darn thing a lot. So I started looking for one and I am shocked by the prices! Looks like people are asking $800-1000+ for the few out there. Even the asking prices for P6s have gone up considerably. Is this what they are selling for or is this wishful thinking? I think I got my Herndon gun for about $500 a few years back. Thank you for your time.
John
Welcome to the forum, jilindy.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is truly a seller's market at the current time. Same for ammo. Good luck!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Mine is a Herndon gun too, where I was living at the time. It is still my EDC because I shoot it so well. Put in a SRT for $40.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1630 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Sig P225 that came with a treaded barrel.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Jlindly, welcome to the Forum. By now you have probably seen the Masthead here Smile. It's a fantastic single stack and I felt fortunate to add one to my collection a few years ago. Perhaps your daughter needs an upgrade Wink

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I appreciated the welcome and comments! I am going to have to buy a P225 because my daughter likes her's too much to part with it. There isn't an upgrade out there that would tempt her.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Aside from the general panic driving all prices up, these went from not that popular to a "cult' gun with prices to match.
My first Sig, decades ago was a P220-9 import through PW Arms when they were a bargain and lots of them out there. Years later they are much like the P225.
Both fit my hand like no other gun and are typical P series guns. They are also somewhat limited in capacity compared to more modern guns.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it came down to owning only one Sig the P-225 would be my choice. As for prices add $200 today to just about any handguns price from a year ago. If you could find a P-225 for $750-800 it wouldn't be unreasonable today. For amusement I window shop on Gunbroker and the shelves are bare as far as any vintage Sigs go. If you find another one make it your "keeper". The P-225 mags are selling at a premium. I hesitated for a while but recently lucked out and found two mags that look to be new for $75 each and I was happy to pay that much. Second choice would be a P-6 that can be brought up to a P-225 without costing too much. Good luck!

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
You would think Sig would get a clue and release a Sig P225, one with an AL frame (like the all German model) and one with an all-steel frame. But nope, they give us some bastardized P239 instead and confuse the market by calling it the P225-A1. I could outwit Sig's marketing department in my sleep.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sigs decision to discontinue the P225 mystifies me. And then they doubled down with the discontinuation of their flagship gun, the P220.
Not selling well? Ok, reduce the numbers being produced and make more poly guns. But dont totally abandon the guns that made your reputation.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All true. The 225a1 is a fine pistol all on its own though. Perhaps the best stock trigger of any Sig I have ever purchased. Even the Legion. Also has fantastic frame cuts and checkering. Goofy 239 mag and baseplate but not a deal breaker. Handle one of those if you get a chance. I got both of mine for way under retail because of this perceived disdain. One of my favorite single stacks. While a 225 wins in cool points, I suspect a straight up shooting experiment would favor the contender. I know, blasphemy. lol

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Aside from the general panic driving all prices up, these went from not that popular to a "cult' gun with prices to match.

I blame Para for driving up the cachet of P225s and Spyderco Delicas. Cool

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
All true. The 225a1 is a fine pistol all on its own though. Perhaps the best stock trigger of any Sig I have ever purchased. Even the Legion. Also has fantastic frame cuts and checkering. Goofy 239 mag and baseplate but not a deal breaker. Handle one of those if you get a chance. I got both of mine for way under retail because of this perceived disdain. One of my favorite single stacks. While a 225 wins in cool points, I suspect a straight up shooting experiment would favor the contender. I know, blasphemy. lol

After sending my German made P225 to Gerry Ritacco, who instructed Robert Burke, its trigger is better than any Sig DA/SA I’ve ever tried, including Legions with their STR. Sig couldn’t figure out how to do the same? I know, pathetic.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
I own a 1982 Interarms import P225, it would take a lot of money to convince me to part with it.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for the replies. I will just need to be patient and be ready to pony up the $$ when the time comes.

I used to shoot my P225 better than any other handgun including several Sigs. I have had P220, P228 and P239, several Glocks, HKs, hipowers and various 1911s. Of the Sigs, I still have the 228 (a close second to the 225).

posted Hide Post
Gave mine up back in 1999 and always regretted it. Found a safe queen on gunbroker 3yrs ago for $700(2001 build) which truly it was. I've had 229's, 228's but in my opinion the 225 was the most comfortable, accurate out of the bunch.

Posts: 41 | Location: Spencerport, New York | Registered: June 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
You would think Sig would get a clue and release a Sig P225, one with an AL frame (like the all German model) and one with an all-steel frame. But nope, they give us some bastardized P239 instead and confuse the market by calling it the P225-A1. I could outwit Sig's marketing department in my sleep.

I don't understand why they didn't at least maintain mag compatability with the original. Once discontinued, having incompatible mags makes both styles of mags more scarce.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post