SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My New Springfield XD-9 Mod 2 Tactical
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My New Springfield XD-9 Mod 2 Tactical Login/Join 
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted
Had to share this with y'all. I didn't intend for this to be my next gun purchase, but with Springfield's magazine/holster/mag pouch promo ending on 30 JUN, I decided to reprioritze my wish list.

I ordered this from my LGS on their new online shopping site. Actually, I inadvertently ordered the 10-rd version, but didn't realize it until after my order processed! CRAP!! Eek I immediately e-mailed them to ask if they could change my order (that is, fix my dumbass mistake), and I was surprised to get an immediate response -- on a Saturday night no less! Chuck said he'd correct it Monday morning before the order shipped from their supplier, and he did! I picked it up Wednesday after work. Awesome customer service! I sure didn't want Springfield to send me 4 more 10-rd magazines!

So, here's a shoutout to Diamondback Shooting Sports and Chuck -- thanks!

Now the obligatory sub-par cellphone pic:

Can't wait to go put some holes in the target it's sitting on!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice, congrats!! I don't have any springfields and am trying to resist. I think if I got one I'd end up with 6!!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
JonFrost -- My XD-S 9 is a great little gun; that's part of why I wanted this one. Sigs are still my favorites, though.

SigFan

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
That Mod 2 is a wonderful shooter. My LGS has a tactical model in grey on the shelf.

Posts: 10828 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Larry_K
posted Hide Post
I have an XDS-9 and got the Mod2 4" service 9 last month. Love em both.

If you really want to see how great the Mod2 can be throw in a PRP easy-fit trigger kit. $100 but is very worth it IMO. Eliminates almost all pre-travel and the trigger has a travel overstop on back, reset is shorter too. Factory pull on mine averaged about 5.5lb before the swap and is about 4.4lb now and it's the best trigger I've ever felt on a striker fired pistol. Changed from a pistol I really liked to shoot to one I LOVE to shoot now.

Sidenote.. I threw a kit in my XDS and it greatly improved the trigger on that also (the kit with sear and springs), down to 5.5lb average pull with slightly less pretravel and quicker reset). I kept the factory striker spring in it. Using the lighter striker spring I had two light strikes with some Winchester white box in a 300 round range trip.

On the extra mags and all.. When you register online you'll get the initial email to let you know it was accepted, about 4 weeks later you'll get another e-mail saying it was approved. Then about 2-3 weeks later you'll get the goodies. I just got mine last week from the XDS I bought and registered April 23rd. Still waiting on the "approved" email for the Mod2 I got May 25th.

Larry

Posts: 1295 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: August 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Larry_K, thanks for the info on the trigger upgrades; I'll have to check those out!

Also thanks for the head's-up on the timeline for the promo fulfillment.

Ryanp225, I didn't even know they made them in gray, but it makes sense since so many others are. Sounds cool.

SigFan