SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pick a 45 for the apocalypse...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pick a 45 for the apocalypse... Login/Join 
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Wink

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a few others have mentioned, the HK45 of those listed but a USP45 preferably.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Agreed! I just bought one by default. I went to buy a Kriss Vector but had second thoughts. I also have a p220 and M&P 45 full size.

I think I am set on .45 ACP.

quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Where is the FNX-45 Tactical option?

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
My HK USP45 V1. If I have a can, then my HK USP45 Tactical LE version.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a tough choice with your list between the Sig and the HK. As much as I love both of them IF it was an end of the world scenario I would take a S&W 625. Less to worry about with a revolver.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
G21 for me.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Is that Denzels HK45 from Book of Eli? Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I don't even like Glocks, but if I had to pick a gun to wander through the wasteland with when I would have little chance clean it or maintain it, it would be a Glock.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I'm going with HK45. From the moment I picked it up at the gun store, I knew I had to have it. It just looks and feels soooooo goooood.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
USP 45

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Voted G21, primarily based on reliability and parts availability.

Posts: 3464 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"For the Apocolypse" it should be a 1911 if for no other reason than parts and spares availability.

For reliability it would be an HK45.

For multiple Zombie killing capacity and reliability it would be an XD/M 45.

For me the final choice between an XK or XDM would be based on which one comes out with an Optics ready version. I love them both but both need a red dot ready platform!!!!!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
P220, hell and back reliability.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post

Good luck, ladies.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Glock 45? Oh wait, that's a 9mm...

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Is that Denzels HK45 from Book of Eli? Regards 18DAI

Yep. Thanks to Snake207. A beautiful pistol...something about worn firearms just does it for me. That and S&W blued revolvers in perfect condition. I like the extremes, I guess.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
In concept, I could choose a H&K Mk 23. High capacity, multifunctional, accurate, etc. If only the H&K laser module could be updated to current technology.

Having owned the H&K USP 45 Compact, I would offer one positive design attribute...the DA / SA or the SA safety / control lever of this design. I really liked the option of SA cocked and locked like the 1911. And, the decocker!

For apocalypse, I would imagine that any nylon universal padded military holster would work well with it. So, fears of not having H&K leather would be non-existent.

I liked the texture of the grip, the ergonomics, and the pointability. I fell victim to those who write about its blocky slide profile, and its high bore axis. Yes to both. I ended up changing back to a Glock.

Is a Glock truly better? In a strict measure of rounds accurately and precisely placed on a target, on demand, I think this is the shooter not the weapon. So, either design would be equivalent, and like many, I can't enjoy the Glock grip angle.

I think of H&K much like my BMW motorcycle. We might make the analogy of Glock being like Honda. You choose a philosophy, you choose to accept the criteria of excellence of that company. And, you enjoy that choice. But, within my skill set there is no real difference in rounds on target.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I read an article or watched something about how they weathered / chose the Eli pistol for the movie. I love how it looks and really dug the movie and I will be honest I totally didn’t see the twist coming.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Easy, Glock. If you only have .45's in a 1911, a Glock is a pretty natural choice.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post