SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pick a 45 for the apocalypse...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pick a 45 for the apocalypse... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My HK USP 45 Expert. It just fits me well in the hand and shoots oh so well.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked the P220 but only because you didn’t list a B&T APC45.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a bit torn.....i love my WC 1911 but my FNX 45 is probably a better choice.

"Dyin ain't much of a livin...boy"

Posts: 316 | Location: West (By GOD) Virginia | Registered: November 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You forgot the CZ-97b which is the one I’d opt for.

Posts: 90 | Location: SW VA | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
Great to see the P220 in the lead, but I just don't understand why the P227 doesn't get more cred. I mean it's basically a P226 that shoots 10 rounds of 45 ACP. Shoots as well or better than my P220. Also, I would have added the P320 45 onto the list because it shoots every bit as good as the P220 and P227 but in a pinch you could convert it to a 9mm, .40 or 357 sig calber pistol.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
The P220 is my favorite gun of all time, so it's an easy choice for me, the 220 would be my choice.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I would take a usp45. 2 more rounds over the hk45 and built like a tank!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I'd start with my HK Mk23, and I'd pick up the others off bodies of the fallen.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I'd start with my HK Mk23, and I'd pick up the others off bodies of the fallen.

Probably the best answer.

Spare parts and ammo? Better have it before the festivities begin. It would be unwise to even ASK people for certain things.....

I voted for the HK45,... but would gladly accept the USP.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
98.SiG and Rising
Picture of Sig Fever
posted Hide Post
I would pick a USP .45 or a G21.

Warning...SiGs are addictive, keep out of the reach of adults!

Blue Lives Matter: Thank a Police Officer for their Service!

Posts: 5795 | Location: Virginia USA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You left out the best, the Ruger P90. Cool

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It wouldn't be any of the above as .45 ammo is too darn heavy to cart much of it along.

If I was staying home then then probably a pocket gun of decent caliber, a good tactical shot gun, & a high capacity AR style rifle (or 3 or 4 of them) around my place.

If I was headed off across county then for sure a suppressed .22, lots of .22 ammo, & a decent "lightweight" IWB 9mm. (stealth is what I want as I wouldn't want to be noticed, found, or heard).

Suppressed .22 will get me plenty of meals as well as quiet protection.

Posts: 67 | Registered: August 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
You left out the best, the Ruger P90. Cool

Why Q? You planning to shuck it at people?

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think there are any bad answers, from your list. I voted for the HK 45, feel well armed (for a handgun) with any of them.

Posts: 2222 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joshs74nova
posted Hide Post
Thank you to everyone who made input. In the end I decided to go with the H&K USP 45 Expert. I ordered one through Buds guns in Lexington and it came pretty darn quick. Now I'll need a shoulder and OWB holster for it.

Posts: 325 | Location: Pearl, MS | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I wish they would make the Expert model with a P30-like grip. That would be awesome.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I am not a jealous man.

Ok I am somewhat of a jealous man.

Ok.......IWANTITIWANTITIWANTIT!! Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
My vote was the Two Twenty

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're missing the CZ 97.....worked over, they're one hell of a gun......if not a bit large.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pick up!

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post