SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pick a 45 for the apocalypse...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pick a 45 for the apocalypse... Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
As some here know, I am a fan of the P-220. However, of those listed I voted for the Glock 21. I have a 21 and shoot it well, I just shoot the P-220 platform a little better.

So, for the apocalypse, I am taking the 21, with some +2 mags.

My answer exactly.

The G21 is the better "apocalypse" .45, but it doesn't really fit my hand at all, while the 220 fits perfectly.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Depends on the 220. ST? Absolutely, with a good belt. Match? Even better. The 227 with a Match upper end wouldn't be bad, either.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Don't forget about the Beretta PX4. That and the HK45 would be up on my list.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chance228:
I would say HK USP 45.

But, from those on your list, HK45.

I agree with this and also voted HK45 but would choose a USP 45.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 21SF. I couldn’t get a grip on the old g21. Now I own 2 g21sf. That would be my end of the world 45

Posts: 4736 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I chose the G21, because I suck, and HK hates me.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 to the 21, either a Gen3 SF or a Gen4.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well if it has to be a 45...my G21. And my Kriss-modified 25rd mags as well. However that heavy cache of ammo that needs to be hauled along to feed it? Wouldn't be my choice of caliber.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I voted HK45, but my HK USP 45 would work too.

But in all probability I would pick up the one I always have when things got dicey - S&W 4506-1. My favorite 45. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I voted HK 45 but would prefer the USP 45.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
From your choices, I picked the Sig P220. But if I had bigger hands, I'd opt for the double stack P227. Again, based on the available choices.

On the other hand, if the SHTF tomorrow and I had to pull a .45 from my safe, I'd leave both of my 220's behind. my Kimber behind, my Wilson behind, and grab my Sig TacOps 1911.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
HK USP Tactical or Expert.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Depends on the 220. ST? Absolutely, with a good belt. Match? Even better. The 227 with a Match upper end wouldn't be bad, either.

That is my dream accessory. Long slide SS. upper (complete match slide)

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 181 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I voted for the P220...because there was no 1911 choice.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elberettas:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Am I blind and will my unwavering faith in the lord carry me through? This matters for my choice. Smile

Seriously though probably a USPc or USP

First thing I thought of as well.

Me too. A well-worn HK45 was my vote. Need a pic.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Heck yeah!

quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Where is the FNX-45 Tactical option?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
If I could have only one handgun PERIOD- it’s my P220ST. Dead Nutz reliable and indestructible. Accurate. Makes a good impact weapon when empty.

Posts: 1620 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with Warhorse and select the SIG P220 only because the 1911 was not an option in the list.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, if I had to pick a 45 I would pick the P220 and then swap it for a P220 in 10 MM auto.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CLEANDEAN:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

That is my dream accessory. Long slide SS. upper (complete match slide)

The 220 Match pistols pop up from time to time on the used market but ain't horribly cheap. Unfortunately that's the only source for the upper end I know of. With a steel frame or the 227 frame, they're very comfortable shooters.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post