SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pick a 45 for the apocalypse...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pick a 45 for the apocalypse... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
P 220, to hell and back reliability.

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TY44934:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
The obvious choice is the Sig.

Unfortunately it appears they do not make the 45 anymore. At least I can't find it on the website.

WHAT??!?

Why would Sig DO that??! That’s crazy!!

I hope they change there mind on this ASAP.

LOL!
Where have you been? SiG has been introducing new products and dropping them as soon as sales drop off for at least 7-8 years now! I hate to say it but you can't depend on SiG for any kind of support in the long run, except a coupon for a current replacement product.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Originally posted by TY44934:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
The obvious choice is the Sig.

Unfortunately it appears they do not make the 45 anymore. At least I can't find it on the website.

WHAT??!?

Why would Sig DO that??! That’s crazy!!

I hope they change there mind on this ASAP.

LOL!
Where have you been? SiG has been introducing new products and dropping them as soon as sales drop off for at least 7-8 years now! I hate to say it but you can't depend on SiG for any kind of support in the long run, except a coupon for a current replacement product.

What’s funny, and I preface this by saying I am not really happy with modern SIG or this practice as a consumer, that said what does everybody bitch about Glock? The fact they are stagnant and never change or innovate. So what does SIG do as of late. Constantly change and innovate so of course we all bitch about that.

The fact is we firearms consumers are fickle bunch of bastards. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I don't think they dropped it...the SIG site still lists all calibers but for some damn reason they're only showing 9mm product numbers...

There was talk pre-COVID about a 10mm P320 coming "soon..." perhaps they've dropped that SKU temporarily to do a run of 10mm guns and focus on getting the more popular 9mm SKUs out the door? A quick google search showed plenty .45 320s still in stock.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.I checked the p220 b/c I own a few and like them very much, however, my preference under
the circumstances presented would be my G30s; easy to carry, holds more founds than the 220s and is as accurate as the Sig yet carries much easier than the 220.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Big hands ........ love P220 carry, capacity doesn't scream apocalypse. Glock 21 good fit for big hands, capacity good and I shoot it well. Back up G30s.

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
HK USP .45 full size. Bomb proof.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
I don't think they dropped it...the SIG site still lists all calibers but for some damn reason they're only showing 9mm product numbers...

There was talk pre-COVID about a 10mm P320 coming "soon..." perhaps they've dropped that SKU temporarily to do a run of 10mm guns and focus on getting the more popular 9mm SKUs out the door? A quick google search showed plenty .45 320s still in stock.

I think SiG still makes a 45, but I believe we were all referring to a SiG model 1911 45, which I think they do still make 1 model, the "1911 EMPEROR SCORPION" but they've dropped all their other 1911 models.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Small hands. A 1911 would pretty much have to be it in .45. I actually own a G21 too but it's about all I can do to hit anything with it, especially one-handed.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
HK USP .45 full size. Bomb proof.

This or G21 would be my pick

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post