SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pick a 45 for the apocalypse...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pick a 45 for the apocalypse... Login/Join 
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Wink

Posts: 12140 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a few others have mentioned, the HK45 of those listed but a USP45 preferably.

Posts: 806 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Agreed! I just bought one by default. I went to buy a Kriss Vector but had second thoughts. I also have a p220 and M&P 45 full size.

I think I am set on .45 ACP.

quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Where is the FNX-45 Tactical option?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
My HK USP45 V1. If I have a can, then my HK USP45 Tactical LE version.

Posts: 2221 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful gun Snake. Is it your edc?

Posts: 5248 | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a tough choice with your list between the Sig and the HK. As much as I love both of them IF it was an end of the world scenario I would take a S&W 625. Less to worry about with a revolver.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1685 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
G21 for me.

Posts: 4294 | Location: NH | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Is that Denzels HK45 from Book of Eli? Regards 18DAI

Blue lives matter.

Posts: 3865 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I don't even like Glocks, but if I had to pick a gun to wander through the wasteland with when I would have little chance clean it or maintain it, it would be a Glock.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 49031 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I'm going with HK45. From the moment I picked it up at the gun store, I knew I had to have it. It just looks and feels soooooo goooood.

Posts: 6860 | Location: Derby City | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
USP 45

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 10910 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Voted G21, primarily based on reliability and parts availability.

Posts: 2702 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"For the Apocolypse" it should be a 1911 if for no other reason than parts and spares availability.

For reliability it would be an HK45.

For multiple Zombie killing capacity and reliability it would be an XD/M 45.

For me the final choice between an XK or XDM would be based on which one comes out with an Optics ready version. I love them both but both need a red dot ready platform!!!!!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 3906 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
P220, hell and back reliability.

Posts: 796 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post

Good luck, ladies.

Posts: 2549 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 5934 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Glock 45? Oh wait, that's a 9mm...

Posts: 1132 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Is that Denzels HK45 from Book of Eli? Regards 18DAI

Yep. Thanks to Snake207. A beautiful pistol...something about worn firearms just does it for me. That and S&W blued revolvers in perfect condition. I like the extremes, I guess.

Posts: 1112 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
In concept, I could choose a H&K Mk 23. High capacity, multifunctional, accurate, etc. If only the H&K laser module could be updated to current technology.

Having owned the H&K USP 45 Compact, I would offer one positive design attribute...the DA / SA or the SA safety / control lever of this design. I really liked the option of SA cocked and locked like the 1911. And, the decocker!

For apocalypse, I would imagine that any nylon universal padded military holster would work well with it. So, fears of not having H&K leather would be non-existent.

I liked the texture of the grip, the ergonomics, and the pointability. I fell victim to those who write about its blocky slide profile, and its high bore axis. Yes to both. I ended up changing back to a Glock.

Is a Glock truly better? In a strict measure of rounds accurately and precisely placed on a target, on demand, I think this is the shooter not the weapon. So, either design would be equivalent, and like many, I can't enjoy the Glock grip angle.

I think of H&K much like my BMW motorcycle. We might make the analogy of Glock being like Honda. You choose a philosophy, you choose to accept the criteria of excellence of that company. And, you enjoy that choice. But, within my skill set there is no real difference in rounds on target.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 3659 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I read an article or watched something about how they weathered / chose the Eli pistol for the movie. I love how it looks and really dug the movie and I will be honest I totally didn’t see the twist coming.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 5277 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post