SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New to me P6
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to me P6 Login/Join 
posted
Picked this up a month ago, found some new factory grips for it at Top Gun, and had the slide cerakoted. Can't wait to put some rounds through it! Love the way it fits my hand, about the perfect size and weight pistol.

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
You have a nice pistol, judging from your photos.

What color/shade/Cerakote was the slide done with?

Funny how a couple of things like new grips and slide refinish can change the looks of a pistol.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Very low round count from the looks of the internals. Arclight Precision did the Cerakote in Graphite black satin. The small wear on the frame in places I can live with, but the slide looked pretty rough when I got it.

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few bling shots!

posted Hide Post
These 225/P6's are the top of the heap.
I like mine a lot. So much I sent it to the factory for service with good result.

I don't know if I will be able to resist another if I see one under the glasss.

Posts: 65 | Registered: September 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
The Sig P225/P6 are excellent pistols. Your changes to yours make it look brand new.

I bought mine when they were first available for $259 so I also spent some money fixing mine you the way I liked it.

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9186 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite Netflix TV cops puts a P6 to good use:
Wallander.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks awesome!! With the new hogue grips, new Meprolight NS, 4 mags, holster, Slide refinish, I'm into this one for $500
quote:
Originally posted by fyimo:
The Sig P225/P6 are excellent pistols. Your changes to yours make it look brand new.

I bought mine when they were first available for $259 so I also spent some money fixing mine you the way I liked it.

Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDG:
That looks awesome!! With the new hogue grips, new Meprolight NS, 4 mags, holster, Slide refinish, I'm into this one for $500
quote:
Originally posted by fyimo:

You have done well and you have a cult classic that is like new and is beautiful.

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9186 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Really nice looking! I may be in the minority, but I prefer the black grips to the wood ones.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
Really nice looking! I may be in the minority, but I prefer the black grips to the wood ones.

On a P6/225 - I agree.
But Rosewood grips on a P226 - now you're talking. Big Grin

To the OP - sweet looking pistol.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting a P6 when the market was flooded with them.
(And I'm not so sure I want one bad enough to pay the going rate for one...)

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Hogues are a bit thinner, but I prefer the factory grips for a better feel.

posted Hide Post
Congrats! I like it a lot, ... but what's not to like with the P6/225 platform. A classic.

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post