SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Suarez International Semi-Flat Glock Trigger Question - INSTALLED !!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suarez International Semi-Flat Glock Trigger Question - INSTALLED !! Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
I got an e-mail about these today.
My partner & I at work were talking about our preference for a flatter & non-grooved trigger on pistols so for the price I figured I'd order the "two-sum" deal so we could both give it a try at 1/2 the cost.

But I don't know anything about this particular trigger shoe.
Figured I'd ask the forum.

Anyone have experience with a semi-flat trigger on a Glock.
Especially this particular trigger shoe?
Likes dislikes of this style trigger?!?

(I know there are some who don't like this company.
I personally don't care about that.
I have a couple things from them & like the products I have )

--------------------

It's in !!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GrumpyBiker,

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I have the completely flat Suarez Tactical triggers in 2 of my Custom glocks. I love them. At that price you can’t go wrong.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I installed the trigger from a G22 into my G23.
I found it to be an improvement.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I have a similar style semi-flat trigger from Apex in one of my Glocks.

I got it to see what all the rage about "flat triggers" was about. I'm still undecided. I don't dislike it, but I also don't notice any huge difference, so I don't see the need to put one in all my Glocks. Changing the connector seems to make a much bigger difference in trigger feel.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Put a Salient flat trigger in my Gen2 and it is insanely smooth. The flat trigger surface is sweet. Traded into a Salient BLU-C thinking the trigger would be just as good, but it wasn't. Confused

Suppose I need to put a few thousand rounds through the BLU-C before I reach a verdict (or trade it off for something else).

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have been testing his Patrol trigger for two months now and am really liking it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
Complete with polished trigger bar for a lot less than the APEX. What's not to like!!

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Although it may not apply to Glocks and this trigger, flat triggers in P226s and in a P320 made a significant difference to me. My trigger finger curves down toward the bottom of the trigger guard and the pointed curved end pokes into it. That makes them uncomfortable to shoot in long sessions and interferes with good trigger control. In addition, because the flat triggers don’t extend forward as much at the bottom there’s more room to engage it. That makes it possible for me to shoot normally and well with gloves on, something I couldn’t do with the same guns before.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Q for those that own one.

The safety lever appears to project pretty far forward. When fully depressed, how far does the lever retract into the trigger when fully pressed? Same as Glock OEM, more, less...

Just curious.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Trigger arrived !
Install was a bit more involved as my compensated G19 is a Gen2 (two pin) .

The G19C project is moving along.
My shooting partner has a bone stock G19 that I'm able to compare it to side buy side at the range which is nice.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Did you sand off the anodizing? The trigger looks silver

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
A little EasyOff oven cleaner removes the anodizing from the sides of the trigger.
The other I left black. It's going in my G27.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

posted Hide Post
Have the Apex in a 17 of mine, and i'm a fan. I also have Over Watch TAC, and IGFS Triggers in some other glocks.

In my opinion Gabe didn't really have the original idea, seems too much like the Apex Trigger to me.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I thought they made you engrave SUAREZ on your Glock when you installed the?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Swapped out the G27 with the second one.
Tried to get a better before & after pic.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%