SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    DA/SA Pistol Quality Poll
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DA/SA Pistol Quality Poll Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Based on my experience, having examples of Sig’s from mid 90’s all the way up to about 2016, I can say that mine made after 2000 to present are every bit as good in terms of fit and finish as my early examples. I do feel though that as Sig has expanded their line over the years, there are more examples of aesthetic issues and function problems seen, partly in due to ether rushed production or overwhelming pile ups for quality control to catch everything. Back in the day 20 years ago, they had less to keep track of and could manage the quality a lot more meticulously IMHO.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I had a bunch of early 90s Sigs, 220, 225,239,229,226 and they were all fantastic. Since then I have had 2007ish versions, 220, 226, 239, 226, 2022 and they were all equally fantastic. Also owned two P250s and two P320s.

I can't say I've ever had a problem with any of them except the P250, it was one of the early ones with teething issues. What eventually drove me away was price and ergos. I just never could warm up the 239 or 226, despite owning several versions of each. I found the Beretta to be a better full size DA/SA 9mm for me than the 226, and the Glocks just found me, for me a great combination of price, reliability, fun. I could buy two Glocks for the price of one Sig, and mags are cheaper etc. So it wasn't quality that kind of drove me away.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
I voted ok. I've owned a fair number of each, with the edge in number slanted slightly toward West German.

The West German models just seem to have better fit and finish with smoother action. Also, I never had a West German frame with any type of noticeable anodize wear on the rails, but, almost all of the US models have and that's with a generous amount of grease.

With the exception of my P210A, all the US models went bang when there were supposed to and none ever needed repair under warranty.

Overall, I just believe Sig USA doesn't sweat the small stuff that other manufacturers do. At some of their price points they could/should do better.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mcs1564,

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although I own 9 Sigs, I have not purchased one since 2000. I obviously was a Sig fanboy, but current guns just don't do it for me.

Posts: 81 | Registered: September 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
avoiding birthday parties
Picture of fjgiie
posted Hide Post
I wish I had bought a P226 X5 Black & White or other. None of US made look like them.

Posts: 1366 | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was very lucky to find a new 239 at a LGS when I decided I needed to carry. Not only that but I was especially lucky to be able to attend a one week session with Masaad Ayoob. By that time I had a vey nice IYB holster by Ted Blocker Holsters in Oregon. After that I had the "Signess" as they say, and it went from there; NSW 226 Navy, P227 45 ACP, M11-A1 9mm, and my present EDC, a 220 Elite 10 mm, that I consider my "Grail" gun, that I really like and am really fairly accurate with. 10 mm is a great round!

Pilotka NRA Lifer

Posts: 69 | Location: Manassas Park, VA | Registered: May 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post