Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FIRST SIG Login/Join 
posted
Just purchased my first Sig from Buds on line, its a 320 compact with the long full slide, now my question is, how interchangeable will this be, if i want a full size sig i buy the large frame ? but if i want a complete compact pistol would i have to buy a smaller slide and barrel ? thanks for the help

philip cara

Posts: 8 | Location: Arizona | Registered: October 20, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hello,
You should be fine with your setup and interchangeability. I think most of the conversion kits will have what you need (grip & mags / slide & barrel) for your desired configuration. Shouldn't have to hunt down each part to build it later.

Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I'm not a P320 guy, so can't help. But welcome to SigForum!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
So let's start here.
This is not a thing.

quote:
Originally posted by ffg:
its a 320 compact with the long full slide,

The subcompact model has a slide that is just over 6 inches long with a 3.6 inch barrel.
The compact model has a slide that is just shy of 6.5 inches long with a 3.9 inch barrel.
The carry model has a slide that is just shy of 6.5 inches long with a 3.9 inch barrel.
The full size model has a slide that is just shy of 7.5 inches long with a 4.7 inch barrel.

If you legitimately own a "compact" with a longer slide/barrel then specified above (aside from threaded barrels)... it was not sold that way by Sig.

Do some quick measuring and we can then discuss what precisely you'd need to convert to another size.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: creslin,

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Congrats and welcome to the best gun forum on the internet!

The folks here can answer any question and are always happy to help out. I learn stuff here all the time. Smile

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What creslin said. I'll add: what is the mag capacity?

SC: 12
C: 15
CA: 17
FA: 17

(Assuming 9mm)

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the way i ordered the pistol from BUDS on line a compact frame with a full slide and barrel, for $450 check it out, i have not received the gun yet, its on its way to my FFL,so i can not take any measurements yet, when i take the measurements i will let you know,i do know it comes with a 15 rd mag. thanks

philip cara

Posts: 8 | Location: Arizona | Registered: October 20, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new SIG! Enjoy!

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgtmac
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2832 | Location: ND | Registered: August 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huh, wasn't aware that was a factory offering.

You can get a full sized or Carry to get 17.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgtmac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Huh, wasn't aware that was a factory offering.

You can get a full sized or Carry to get 17.

My guess is it's a dealer exclusive, seems it is only available at certain retailers. No such thing as "not a thing" in most cases, especially with SIG......

Posts: 2832 | Location: ND | Registered: August 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgtmac:
This one?

https://www.budsgunshop.com/ca...2F+FULL+LENGTH+SLIDE

Huh... well that's new...

That being the case, in order to convert to a full size gun all you'd need is the full size frame:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...-40-auto-357sig.html

Edit: and a 17+ round magazine (for 9mm)

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Slightly interesting side-note..
The picture on that buds page is for the gen1 p320...

Picture of sgtmac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
Slightly interesting side-note..
The picture on that buds page is for the gen1 p320...

Good point, found this at OCG; http://www.osagecountyguns.com...-9mm-320c-9-fls.html

Maybe they took over-run parts and put this together?

It's a great idea, might need one myself.

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
so assuming that the actual gun received is also a gen1 (as the pic suggests)..

In order to convert to a full size you would need either:
gen1 grip module
or
a kit to change the FCU to be compatible with the gen2 module (i think i remember reading that sig will simply supply the kit if you call and ask)

posted Hide Post
so how will i know gen1 or gen2 what is the difference?

philip cara

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Easiest way (to me) to tell the difference is here.
Look at the take down lever and the slide lock:

Gen1:

Gen2:

posted Hide Post
Ok so being new with this 320, did i buy the wrong older model, if so is it an easy to convert to a complete full size, just not so sure what to do now thanks

philip cara

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I have zero problems with the Gen1 P320s.
(I currently own 8 P320s - so I have both gens)

I’ve never tried to move the FCU from 1 gen to the other... but I’ve heard (read) that you can call Sig and they’ll supply you with the 2 or 3 parts needed to convert from one to the other.

You may also be able to simply buy a gen1 grip module (if your gun is indeed a gen1).

Either way - I’m sure you’re still in good shape!

posted Hide Post
Thanks You are making feel a whole lot better about my purchase, which i still have not received yet, its sitting over at my ffls house, when i make the time to go get it, i will post a picture of it, thanks again