SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 X5 + Romeo 1?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 X5 + Romeo 1? Login/Join 
Picture of Newf
posted
Anyone have this combo, or any optic for that matter? Would appreciate your thoughts on the setup.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
I've got a Romeo1 on my X5 right now.

It fits really well. Theoretically co-witnesses with the front sight. The rear sight notch leave much to be desired but it's "there."

I think the Romeo1 COULD be a phenomenal optic. The viewing window is great, overall dimensions are better or same as competitive sights and it's super light.

There have been multiple instances of cracking glass, myself included, without even dropping it. Also, the finish is pretty weak, lots of ding marks from brass.

That being said, without further modifying your X5 slide, the Romeo1 is the most compact setup. All other Optics are not only larger in size, but then require a 1/8" adapter plate to mount. This limits or negates your ability to run iron sights at all, if that's important to you.

NXGen Tactical
CZ P-09 MHS Trials #79 | P320RX-TSS | P320SCR | VP9 LE

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the detailed reply, much appreciated! Yes I've read elsewhere about 320RX owners having some issues with cracked glass/finish - latter doesn't overly concern me, but the first gives some pause. Would like to have to stay away from adapter plates too though for other optic options.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:
Thanks for the detailed reply, much appreciated! Yes I've read elsewhere about 320RX owners having some issues with cracked glass/finish - latter doesn't overly concern me, but the first gives some pause. Would like to have to stay away from adapter plates too though for other optic options.

Luckily, my crack is in a rather unobtrusive location. Sig will happily replace the optic, but I have to send the whole RX that it came off of with it. I'm going to wait until they release an improved version before I incur too much down time.

NXGen Tactical

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great info; had been wondering about this also.

If the Romeo 1 were purchased individually, I suppose getting it sent off for repairs would be a bit simpler. Do they take the approach that any failure by any owner at any time is unacceptable or is the warranty process more like firearms where it's more or less just first owner only?

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dEX_RX, I also have the X5 and wonder where you got the Romeo 1 and did it come with the mounting bolts or did you have to order as extra?

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cworetired:
dEX_RX, I also have the X5 and wonder where you got the Romeo 1 and did it come with the mounting bolts or did you have to order as extra?

My buddy with an x5 couldn't find a Romeo 1 anywhere. It seems that they are vapor ware unless you buy a 320rx or know someone. He wound up getting a prototype adapter from springer to mount a Romeo 3. I should get to play with it this weekend.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cworetired:

Stole it off my Compact RX. It's pretty useless right now but with these sorts of groups at 25 yards, I really can't complain!

The bolts are 6-48 UNC. Not easy to find but they're out there.

NXGen Tactical