SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    DA/SA pistols done?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DA/SA pistols done? Login/Join 
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I decided to bury any desire for the CZ p10c until next year until this striker thing has been vetted Wink. The Beretta followed me home today. I enjoy DA/SA...

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, today kind of settled it for me. I shot my Sig 320 Tacops for the first time , and I must say, I like that trigger. Way better than any Glock and even better than my S&W Shield. The Da/SAs maybe going back into the safe for a while.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
I decided to bury any desire for the CZ p10c until next year until this striker thing has been vetted Wink. The Beretta followed me home today. I enjoy DA/SA...

Very nice. Beretta 92's have one of the smoothest actions of any firearm out there. Guns like this should be really cheap now, Yeager just announced that DA/SA hammer fired guns are dead!

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Beretta followed me home today. I enjoy DA/SA...

One of those will end up following me home before the year is out, I just know it. LOL Big Grin

Ran across this poor, dead thing last week. Looked like it needed a new home. Wink

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

You bought an ancient relic, might as well just throw it away. Or I can dispose of it for you if you want.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lol, I just came in to a Wilson Combat 92G Brig Tactical. It is an absolute dream to shoot.
So no, guns like that one will never be dead

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sammael
posted Hide Post
Oh.

Well, shit.

James Yeager says they're dead, so it must be true:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJbDgymmwAg

And anyone who says otherwise is wrong, it's indisputable, and blah blah blah...

I guess that settles THAT.

Posts: 567 | Registered: August 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Ya what ever James........... Roll Eyes

If I were to start selling my pistol inventory tomorrow my SINGLE Glock would go before any of my CZ platforms.......

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dammit, I just dropped some serious coin bringing an old P6 up to snuff to be a carry gun. I didn't know Yeager already pronounced the time of death for DA/SA..now what do I do?

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sammael
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Highway:
Lol. There you have it. Hey guys, da/sa is dead, they quit making them and spare parts are GONE. Also you have to carry a Glock 19 now 'cause Yeager made another video and said so.

Yep, we can all go home now. Thanks Mr. Yeager!

"If it has a hammer, it's an antique." - and if you don't agree with James, you need to "Get some training."

Who knew it was that simple?

Sure am glad James is around to set us all straight. Thanks James!

Posts: 567 | Registered: August 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Oh man. The DA/SA is dead!..........again. Wink

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
agreed 18dai.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
Dammit, I just dropped some serious coin bringing an old P6 up to snuff to be a carry gun. I didn't know Yeager already pronounced the time of death for DA/SA..now what do I do?

I'll take that P6 off your hands for you!

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I was at the range today shooting a DA/SA....... .40!!!!!. The horror Eek take a minute to digest that. DA/SA .40S&W!!! I might as well have been shooting a wheel lock. But hey I enjoy history and antiques. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I was at the range today with my new to me Melonite S&W 4566 LE sales sample. Sweet pistol!

A couple of young guys in the next stall came over and asked if it was a Sig. They didnt even know that S&W made any metal semi auto pistols.

They both fired a few rounds through it. And they didnt have any trouble with the DA to SA transition!!! Unbelievable!!! Kids these days. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 18DAI,

posted Hide Post
Funny... That's because nobody told them how difficult DA/SA pistols are to shoot. Razz

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dude, they're still selling single action revolvers. And 1911's. And versions of the model 10 (1906). The da/sa will be "done" when people stop buying them. It will be a while.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
I was at the range today with my new to me Melonite S&W 4566 LE sales sample. Sweet pistol!

A couple of young guys in the next stall came over and asked if it was a Sig. They didnt even know that S&W made any metal semi auto pistols.

They both fired a few rounds through it. And they didnt have any trouble with the DA to SA transition!!! Unbelievable!!! Kids these days. Wink

4566 Melonite. Wow. Very nice. Where can I get one?

Posts: 5732 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Bulldog7292 they are VERY scarce........but not rare.

There were three "batches" of Melonite 4566s. Well......four if you count the WVSP 4566TSWs with integral rail and Melonite finish.

The first batch were standard 4566s given a Melonite coating, Novak night sights and decock only function. Supposedly, and I have been unable to confirm it, these were made to fill a US Marshal SOG order. A New Hampshire Maritime LE Agency also bought around 50 of these. The serial prefixes were RJF.

S&W also had a bunch of these RJF prefix guns in storage from 2001 to 2009. They then sold them off to CDNN and Cheaper Than Dirt.

The second group of Melonited 4566s was a much smaller batch, totalling 11 guns. These were done as a special order for some folks and had Melonite finish, Novak night sights, Briley bushings, match grade barrels, and Performance Center triggers. The serial prefix on these being the owners initials and a number of their choosing. IE "JPW0001".

The last batch were a small number of LE Sales samples (total unknown at this time). They were all Melonite treated 4566s. Most had standard Novak Low Mount sights with white dots. Some had forward slide serratioms, some did not. Some were decock/safety and some had the spring loaded decock only feature. All of them had action work from the Performance Center. I have heard speculation that these 4566s numbered less than 50, some say less than 20 examples made. All have KJF serial prefixes.

I aquired an RJF prefix Melonite 4566 off a kind member here some years back. I then purchased one of the Cheaper than Dirt batch, but sold it to a mamber on another board.

The one I was shooting yesterday was my new to me KJF prefix gun. I have been searching for one since learning of their existance 18 years ago. I missed a LNIB example on the big auction board two years ago when it passed $900 and exceeded my gun fund. This one was brought to my attention by a member on another board. It was a duty gun for a short time and shows a little holster wear. But that just enables me to shoot and enjoy it. And it was well worth waiting for!

I was shooting it alongside my stainless Performance Center 4566 45CQB. The KJF 4566 had a better trigger and I was able to shoot smaller groups with it using the same ammo. It also passed 200 problem free rounds and now will enter carry rotation. Fime guns well worth the search and the tariff when found! Good luck with your search! Regards 18DAI

Picture of nero
posted Hide Post
I just bought a (newly introduced) Springfield Armory XD-E 9mm today. To each their own, but I still prefer the traditional DA/SA myself.

nero

Posts: 4639 | Location: Tampa Bay Area | Registered: August 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post