SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What handgun/s do you own that others here probably don't ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What handgun/s do you own that others here probably don't ? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
3rd generation Smith & Wesson 4054. Mine dates October 1991.
Only 154 made.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's my pre-war Smith & Wesson 2-inch M&P that was made about 1937. Estimates are that somewhere between 250 and 1000 snubbies were produced from about 1934 until commercial production stopped for WWII. After the war production picked up quite a bit but most were square butt models.

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
High Standard Olympic 104 rapid fire pistol in 22 short
one of 6 that went to USAMTU in 1968 (info from John Stimson)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two Century Manufacturing Single Action revolvers. One with an 8 inch barrel in 45-70 and one with a 6 inch barrel in 50-70

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W M12 Airweight .38 Spl. The M12 models were the same as the classic steel M10's, but had an aluminum alloy frame.

Nothing highly unusual about that though. What is unusual is that it's a 4" ROUND butt, which was never catalogued. Bought it when they discontinued the M12, can't recall exactly what year though.

My guess is they started grabbing anything from the parts bin when they discontinued. There were 2" round butt and 4" square butt available, but no 4" round. I occasionally use it in an old Safariland upside-down style shoulder holster for walks. Weighs about the same as a 2" J-frame, but easier to shoot. Especially with the large front sight.

Grips are a modified Herrett's K-frame round butt grip. I contoured the grips and put a spacer in to fill the space for the narrower M12 (versus M10) frame. Since the gun is a SD gun, I de-horned the hammer.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Nighthawk Talon in .357SIG - serial # 01

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
My 9x18 Makarovs include a Czech CZ82, Bulgarian Makarov and Polish Wanad P83.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Walter PP Super in .380 ACP.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Redleg06,

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1975 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
My F.I.E Titan II Tanfoglio. 32 acp. Perhaps not rare but not common. It's a reliable shooter.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
My Colt Python with a factory issued 3" barrel. One of 1230 produced in the mid-1980's in blued steel with this barrel length.

I also am the owner of a 1911 Springfield Armory built .45 ACP that actually was issued in WWI to a Captain in the Medical Corps, while assigned to a base hospital "over there" (in France).

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
MAB Model D with NAZI waffenmarks in .32 ACP.

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Here's one you won't see every day.
Sig Sauer P6, modified for training by the West German Federal Police.

This pistol has a demilled barrel and breech block assembly. Frame and other internal parts are perfectly functional and normal. Slide is never polished white steel. Barrel and Breech Block Assembly are not functional. Removable breech block is semi finished bevel faced with extractor cut but no extractor. It will not mate to the barrel’s chamber mouth.

Barrel is a standard 3 3/4 inch that has been ported and metal filled so that it can not function with live ammunition. Grips are factory checkered surface two piece polymer with a red enamel finish installed by the Bundespolizei. Magazine is original factory Sig, with dovetailed back construction, but it has been dimpled with a punch to hold only one dummy round. Hammer is bobbed to discourage trainees from practicing single action firing, but it will still cock.

BMI = BMI is the abbreviation for the Federal Ministry of the Interior (Bundesinnenministerium) which is the department that oversees the federal police (Bundergrenzschutz BGS).

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Well, I own a few guns that not many own. A Sig P220-9-EU, An AMT Automag III, a Ruger Mark II 10" barrel model, a S&W 940-1, and a very low serial 952-1. Perhaps I'll take some newer pics later tonight. I have some other very nice pistols, that are a bit more common.

The rarest rifle I own is a Maunz Match Rifle, made before Springfield Armory Inc. began commercial production. A little piece of the history of the commercial M14.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
High Standard Olympic 104 rapid fire pistol in 22 short
one of 6 that went to USAMTU in 1968 (info from John Stimson)
That deserves a couple photos sir. I had a 106 Olympic in .22 Short. Most accurate rimfire of all mine.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I guess a few P220s of mine could be considered rare. How about a 1911 chambered in .17mach2...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have a Merwin & Hulbert in 44-40. They made a fair number, but they aren't common any more.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redleg06:
Walter PP Super in .380 CAP.

That is rare. Rare that you aren't forever searching for Ultra ammo! Big Grin

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm Angler
posted Hide Post
Whitney Wolverine

Posts: 183 | Location: Park County | Registered: February 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
These two single stack 9mm handguns aren't super rare, but fairly scarce.

Benelli B76

Beretta M1951

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post