SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What handgun/s do you own that others here probably don't ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What handgun/s do you own that others here probably don't ? Login/Join 
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
"That is rare. Rare that you aren't forever searching for Ultra ammo! Big Grin"

So true! I think they only made about 1,000 .380 ACP models just for US imports.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1975 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
17-6, full lug, partridge sights & combat grips; as it came from the factory in 1989.

66-3 3" with smooth Nill-Griffe carry grips

FN Herstal FiveseveN Indivdual Officer's Model (IOM) that I had done as a Battlestar Galactica tribute. Sacrilege, I know, but intended to thumb my nose at the FN collectors that drove the prices up on these to $4k at one point.

S&W 2206-TGT w/ Nill-Griffe target stocks / S&W 622-VR with factory thumbrest walnut stocks

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best I could do now is an HK Elite in 45.

Previously I've owned a S&W 610 3" with target sights-custom wood grip, and trigger job so sweet. It was 1 of 300 from Lew Horton order in the 90's. Also had a Spanish copy of a webbley .455 made in 1917 or so.

I so regret selling the 610 but I was moving overseas at the time for an indefinite period.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Colt 22, semi-auto 22

Pic from web

Wow! You're the only other person I know who has one of these. I've only seen another one once in person. Mine... I had to buy it twice! Roll Eyes Ex-Mrs took it when she left, and I bought it back from her. Big Grin A neat little pistol, for sure.

Bruce Gray has one he won in a match. He posted about it (a few years ago) when I asked about mine, which had a factory defect. His did the same thing, which he fixed. I had mine sent to Colt and they fixed it (free of charge). I had purchased it used from Gander Mountain. I've come across a few for sale in the last couple years.

Do you know that the Beretta Noes share the same mags?

I did not know that about the mags... thank you for that knowledge!

May I ask... what was the defect? I'm not aware of anything being wrong with mine, but I'm still curious.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Finally getting around to post pix of my Reising .22 and Czech Duo .25.

The Reising...

The Duo...

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
17-6, full lug, partridge sights & combat grips; as it came from the factory in 1989.

66-3 3" with smooth Nill-Griffe carry grips

I have that exact 17,
and a 66-?? 3", full length ejector w/ round butt that was a lew Horton or some distributor special I bought in the mid to late 80's

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ 83. Only 15 round 32 ACP ever made. https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/cz-83-review/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

and a 66-?? 3", full length ejector w/ round butt that was a lew Horton or some distributor special I bought in the mid to late 80's

wow, really? So, $775 for it plus the $40 I snagged the grips on eBay for was a sweet deal, eh? :-D

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
CZ 83. Only 15 round 32 ACP ever made. https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/cz-83-review/

great guns but not that uncommon. Here's the first one I bought; the second is at CCR for a CPII Dusk finish right now. The Beretta 81 is 13+1

Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
One of the first models out of the S&W Performance Center - the "Stocking Dealer Specials".
I have the set, one in .40 S&W, one in .356 TSW and one in 9mm.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

wow, really? So, $775 for it plus the $40 I snagged the grips on eBay for was a sweet deal, eh? :-D

sounds fair to me Smile

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

sounds fair to me Smile

most 3" guns with rubber grips are going for quite a bit more. I was happy to get a sweet gun without overpaying

posted Hide Post
I want that 17. The full lug barrels look so much better to me.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only handgun I have that fits here would be my S&W 1950 .44 special with 6 1/2 inch barrel. It was made in 1955.

Posts: 633 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
Since 3" M66 are popular in this thread, here's one I found at Greentops in Richmond, VA a few years ago...

And here's another one I bought at an estate auction in PA and got shipped back to FFL in NC...

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1857 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Colt 22, semi-auto 22

Pic from web

Wow! You're the only other person I know who has one of these. I've only seen another one once in person. Mine... I had to buy it twice! Roll Eyes Ex-Mrs took it when she left, and I bought it back from her. Big Grin A neat little pistol, for sure.
I had the stainless Colt .22. It is a good functioning little pistol. Mine sold to a Police Officer who went to Iraq to train other Officers. Thats a good little gun.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Not too common:

S&W model 547 chambered for 9mm Luger:

3 inch US Firearms with 45 Colt and 45 ACP cylinders:

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My hooded Cobra

The mummy gun Chamelot Delvigne Mas73

Universal Enforcer. Needed if you want to join the Symbionese Liberation Army.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I have the one of one prototype Performance Center 45CQB that was on the cover of the 2001 American Handgunner article on same.

I also have a 3 inch 66-4, non ported - one of 551 made.

A stainless PC 45CQB - one of 91 made.

And I had, but sold a PC 14-6 4 inch full lug barrel 38. One of 131 made as awards for the annual PPC championships in Picayune MS in 1996 and 1997.

Also had one of the blackened stainless 686-3 Midnight black guns. With a 4 inch tube. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a a Colt 1911 that I read is a precurser to the series 70. The serial number is followed by ”BB” which stands for barrel bushing. It has been factory accurized. Very accurate. It has the standard lettering used before the series 70 lettering. My understanding is that less than 1000 of these transition models were made before Colt began labeling them with the “Series 70” lettering.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post