SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What handgun/s do you own that others here probably don't ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What handgun/s do you own that others here probably don't ? Login/Join 
posted
Here's 3 handguns I highly doubt anyone else here owns.

1937 Colt 1911 "U.S. Navy". With only 744 produced, only a handful are in circulation. The majority are sitting on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. It's missing the period correct wooden stocks. I'll pony up the $300 to get a set.

A set of "Colt Custom Cobras". With only 250 paired sets made, it's quite rare. It's actually more rare to have a matching numbered pair since many sets have been broken up.

Please try to respond to this thread with a pic of your rare handgun.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: striperkid,

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Consecutive serial numbered pair of Boberg XR9’s.

Posts: 190 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 7

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pics of said handguns would be awesome !!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Glock 7

Nice one but, this is a serious post.

Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Smith and Wesson 1086.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Rossi Model M-68, 5-shot .38 spl. revolver. First center-fire gun I ever purchased back in the late ‘70’s, and I still have it.... and it looks almost new!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4550 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colt Army Special in .32-20. Maybe not all that rare, but the rarest that I've got.

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nowhere near as cool as a 1937 1911, but I did pick up one of the Colt ANVIII. There's probably a number of people here that did too, but it's the closest I have.

Kinda surprised this is the only decent pic of it:

Now, I have two others that only qualify in Michigan. There was a "loophole" in MI law that has these two registered as pistols. The law was changed in 2012 (I think) but these are grandfathered.

First my XCR (5.56 installed, 7.62x39 kit along side). Limited run aftermarket folding charging handle and ACR stock adapter.

Next is a Zastava M70AB1. It's unusual 1) because I built it and 2) the slabside stamped underfolder is unusual (most UF are AB2, with a bulged trunnion).

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W Pre model 30, 3" nickel in 32 S&W Long, 6-shot

Limited to some extent:
Sig P230, 32ACP
Kahr K9 Nickel
Colt 22, semi-auto 22

Pic from web

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1960 East German Makarov. Built like a Swiss watch.

Steyr GB. Near mint condition. Both magazines, cleaning kit, IB and flimsy cardboard box.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 inch round butt S&W Model 65. Its blued. Never seen another like it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pre War Colt Ace .22 serial number 5XXX putting it manufactured around 1934.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
A S&W 35-1. It is a 6" barrel, 6 shot . 22/32 kit gun J frame revolver. They were only made from 1967 to 1971.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
Consecutive numbered 870s from the first year they offered the wingmaster in it. Grandfather bought one, took it home, and then my great grandfather saw it. He liked it so much he went down to the same store and bought one. Just happened to get consecutive numbers.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
* PROTO-1 * - Needs no introduction. Smile

* Stainless slide NJSP P228 * - One of only two that SIG made (in 2007).

* Factory mistake/error P228 * - Somewhere out there, there's a P228 with B251199 frame and B252000 slide & barrel.

* Consecutive numbered pair of German made and AE proofed non-railed P229s. *

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No pics as my only camera is on my phone, but I have:

WWII bring back Walther P38. 2 mags, leather belt holster. Mauser produced if my google-fu is working.
OSHP retired issue Beretta 96D in NP3. Box, 2 mags, rubber grips from someone other than Hogue. Farar (?) possibly...
Ruger Single Six convertible Bisley frame, fixed sights 6.5" barrel. I believe it was a centennial commemorative model.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
WWII bringback Frommer 37M

More Frommers:

Lillput Baby

1910 Stop

Frommer 29M:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Probably the nicest 1911 that I own and when I had a real job to pay for it, a Wilson Classic Supergrade that I had built to my spec's and definitely a great shooter...I know a few here on the forum that have these so I'm not the only one.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure no one here is running one of these:

JP226right-2 by GaryBF, on Flickr

JP226left by GaryBF, on Flickr

SIG 125th Year Commemorative P226, made is Switzerland.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post