SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What handgun/s do you own that others here probably don't ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What handgun/s do you own that others here probably don't ? Login/Join 
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
How about a Colt's 1911 made in 1913? This one is about 105 years old now...

I like the old gun a log... but it doesn't get shot...

V/r

Chuck

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1346 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
An Interarms Virginian Dragoon .45 LC that I bought in the mid 70's.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
On the good end of things:

Colt Officer's Model, .22LR with target sights, 1930 build date.

On the odd end of things:

A Baby Hammerless in .22 short - early 20th century, probably...

And one gratuitous rifle:

1936 Winchester Mod. 70 originally in .257 Roberts, re-chambered to .25 Gibbs.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
How about the one that got away. An original Paris Theodore Cutdown Hi-Power. I was still in school and just couldn’t swing it. I bid $3500 but it went for $5+. It came in a Seventrees briefcase that had a secret compartment cut out for the gun.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Have not seen any Lahtis yet. Top and bottom are
WW II-era Husqvarna m/40s.

Middle is the rare one, 1 of the 100 made by Valmet in 1985 for the 50-year commemoration.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I cant afford rare guns so I have to make my own

Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter, worked over by Gary Reeder and Jim Stroh.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I have a 2011, a P220, and a Glock.

While not particularly rare, they are all .38 Super. Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I have a 2011, a P220, and a Glock.

While not particularly rare, they are all .38 Super. Big Grin

That is, well, super. Cool

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigedigee
posted Hide Post
I also have a Rossi M68, 5 shot , that has to be from the 60s or 70s......

4th SQD. 7th CAVALRY

Posts: 41 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigedigee:

They were popular imports during the late '70's and early '80's, which is when I bought mine. See my pic on page 1 of this thread of my blued M-68 purchased new in the very late '70's from my LGS when they were most popular and selling for around $130.00 or so... definitely don't see them very often any more!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
quote:
Originally posted by sigedigee:

They were popular imports during the late '70's and early '80's, which is when I bought mine. See my pic on page 1 of this thread of my blued M-68 purchased new in the very late '70's from my LGS when they were most popular and selling for around $130.00 or so... definitely don't see them very often any more!

decent little revolvers too,

Taurus owns them now, and they still make a decent little revolver

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That 1911 at the top of this page is amazing.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I have two. Neither are super rare or valuable but I don't see a lot of either.

the first and more rare is a Colt 22 .22lr that my dad bought me for my 16th birthday.

And the second is one of the original 3" barrel Ruger SP101 in .327 Fed Mag. I also have an orginal 4" .22lr SP101, the one with the full lug but I can't find my pictures of that one.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Colt 22 .22lr

That makes three SF members who have one of those! Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:

And one gratuitous rifle:

1936 Winchester Mod. 70 originally in .257 Roberts, re-chambered to .25 Gibbs.

I'm kind of interested in the serial # or at least the general range. Only because I have #201

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Colt 22 .22lr

That makes three SF members who have one of those! Big Grin

I knew someone else did around here. I didn't know two had them. Though with over 84k members I am sure there are a few more owners floating around.

Are you one of the other owners? If so I don't know if you know this but Beretta Neos mags work in the Colt. I only had the two factory mags until I figured that out a few years ago.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I am. Smile

Excam_Man mentioned on page 4 that the Neos mags work in this Colt... I'm thinking now I need to find a couple of those.

Edit: Looks like Midway has them on sale right now.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I am. Smile

Excam_Man mentioned on page 4 that the Neos mags work in this Colt... I'm thinking now I need to find a couple of those.

Edit: Looks like Midway has them on sale right now.

I missed all of that Wink. But reading it I do recall the conversation Bruce and Exam_man had regarding that. I personally have never had any problems with mine and it still rides to the range with me almost every time.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Mine doesn't go out with me often, but it's great fun when it does.

In a strange way, it's like the Ruger P89 I had: It never hiccups.

God bless America.