SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What handgun/s do you own that others here probably don't ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What handgun/s do you own that others here probably don't ? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I asked a similar question a while back, and got some awesome replies. Check out this 8 page thread from February.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/7570054914/p/1

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A WWII bringback of my fathers, an Astra 300 with all the NAZI markings in 9mm Kurz (380). It's a hidden hammer blowback made in Spain with a distinctly high quality of manufacture, much better than one would expect out of Spain. It also features a single action trigger with a very clean break and a weight of 11.0 lbs. Dad also had two P08 Lugers but he traded them off onboard ship in the NY Harbor because he felt the triggers were too "light" to be safe. In addition the Astra has a grip safety that the P08's didn't.

Following is a pic I found on the net. Really should look into getting a photo host but with all the issues I've seen on the net with these sites not a driving ambition.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5645 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I asked a similar question a while back, and got some awesome replies. Check out this 8 page thread from February.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/7570054914/p/1

That was a great thread. Unfortunately, Photobucket's changes pretty much screwed that thread. BAC1023 (who has one of the most incredible collections of handguns among members here) and others, had pics that are no longer viewable. But those that are still viewable, are certainly worthy of the call.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colt USMC decommisioned m45a1

Posts: 166 | Registered: September 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
They own the gun, probably not the caliber.

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
...What is unusual is that it's a 4" ROUND butt, which was never catalogued. ...There were 2" round butt and 4" square butt available, but no 4" round.

Four inch RB M12's were cataloged. In nickel they were product code 100206 and in blue were 100208. The one I owned was blue. But I agree with you that most people have never owned one.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1858 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
Here's one most people probably don't have, a 3" barrel stainless steel Detective Special...

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1858 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
S&W 32-1 “Terrier” in .38 S&W

Beretta 81fs in .32 acp

S&W 24-3 4 inch .44 SPL

Sporterized M1909 Argentine Mauser in 7.65x53.

Not rare per se but none of these are exactly common. I have a thing for one-off guns and the less popular calibers.

Someday I need to get a Marlin 336 in .32 SPL

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
H&K P9 Sport (predecessor to the more common P9S) with a true SAO trigger. Only 510 P9 were made and of those, very few Sport models and very few with the true SAO trigger. Many got the updated DA/SA trigger.

Sig Arms P210-5 Heavy Frame customized by Waffen Oschatz. I haven't seen any other Waffen Oschatz customized pistols in the U.S. though there are many in Europe.

Posts: 95 | Registered: August 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
FNP40 and S&W 5903TSW Gwinnett Co. marked

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
There are some really cool guns in this thread. I don't have anything that's really a collector's item, but I do have a pair of .25 ACP Seecamps from 1982. Unlike the more popular .32ACP Seecamp pistols, the LWS25 is not picky with ammo and runs all .25 ACP rounds that I've tried.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rorke's Drift:
Whitney Wolverine

I have both an original, and the Olympic copy.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
357 Mag Korth Combat revolver w/3” barrel. I too owned a Walther PP Super in 380 ACP w/o import marks once upon a time.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
<<snip>>
Sig P230, 32ACP
<<snip>>

As much as I love my P230, I sure would like to find one in .32ACP just to have in the safe!

Posts: 4584 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
A Smith & Wesson Light Hunter. Ten shots into 3.5 inches at 100 yards with a 2x Leupold on top. Just sighting it in. It'll do better.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't call it rare, but at the same time my 1934 is not an everyday kind of pistol.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So many cool pistols.
Two things have come to mind:
1) gotta post pics!
2) I need to learn more about revolvers. I see the pic and just say "yup, that's a revolver"

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not that rare but I have a FDE HK Mark 23.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own a Charter Arms Off-Duty .22 LR. These were only made for a few years.

I own a S&W 53 .22 Remington Jet with a 4" barrel.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
This thread is fapworthy. I should really take those pics. Of the guns.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post