SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New M&P Compact 2.0 for $356
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New M&P Compact 2.0 for $356 Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
https://gunprodeals.com/smith-...ess-steel-slide.html

Been thinking about trying one for a while. Bought my wife a Shield EZ and that's a nice shooter. For the price, I had to pick one up

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Wow they are dropping like a stone, price wise.

At first it was only the 40s that were so cheap.

Hope all is well with S&W.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think this is sales aggression on the part of S&W. The dirty little secret is that poly guns are very cheap to produce. At the prices Glock is charging now, they're getting a huge margin. I think S&W is give up some margin to get market share.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
They’re very ergonomic guns and a great value at that price. If I didn’t favor the VP9 so much, the M&P would easily be my choice.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
S&W dropped the prices on the compacts at the launch of the 3.6" version a year ago or so and in my opinion are the best deal out there right now.
I actually shot my 3.6" compact at a local match last night just for fun and to see how it ran for really reals. I had the 2nd best time of the night and was the only one to shoot the stage clean (all alpha's). Very competent little pistol.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
That’s a great price

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent price. I think you'll find the gun worth it.

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I also put a set of Trijicon HD's on it. Those sights really work well on this pistol.

Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Is GunProDeals a reputable vendor?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
Is GunProDeals a reputable vendor?

My first time dealing with them, but it says it already shipped. So that was fast

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm seriously thinking about replacing my G43X.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the prices started falling right after I bought one. For those who may not know, S&W has a $40 rebate on all M&P pistols for those currently serving in the Military and for veterans. I believe you can use it for up to 3 purchases. That would be a M&P 2.0 9mm for just over $300 or one in .40 for well under $300. That's crazy.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

LOL, watch yourself. I made mention of some pretty glaring facts of Smith and Wesson, and people came out of the woodwork to tell me how peachy things are at Smith and Wesson.

And it's not like I'm the guy that announced the changes in the 2.0 before it came out on the internet, and talked about the announcement of the 4 inch 2.0 three months prior to it being announced. Oh wait, yeah I did do all that. Smile It's almost like I've got an inside track or something........

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
A dumb question:

Can the standard 17 round M&P 9mm mags be used in the compact 2.0 9mm, maybe with an x-grip spacer or something?

I know we had a similar thread asking this question, but I now realize the M&P 9C is not the same animal as the M&P 2.0 Compact.

Honestly their product line is confusing with the "9C" and the "Compact" being 2 different things. Odd.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

LOL, watch yourself. I made mention of some pretty glaring facts of Smith and Wesson, and people came out of the woodwork to tell me how peachy things are at Smith and Wesson.

And it's not like I'm the guy that announced the changes in the 2.0 before it came out on the internet, and talked about the announcement of the 4 inch 2.0 three months prior to it being announced. Oh wait, yeah I did do all that. Smile It's almost like I've got an inside track or something........

Are you talking in terms of business losses or quality? Should I be concerned about the quality? I've owned many many pistols and makes over the years, but actually never an S&W until the recent Shield EZ purchase, and I think that is a great gun if you are looking for something not micro sized but in a soft caliber.

I was a little on the fence about it, because honestly I am a Glock fanboy, I can admit it, but for $350 what the hell, and most reports I've seen here have been positive about the 2.0.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

I remember you really being fond of the original M&Pc. How do you feel the 2.0 compacts stack up? I've always enjoyed reading your reviews on the M&P's.

posted Hide Post
The m2.0 compact actually comes with 2 spacers for 17rd mags

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Dang. That's a great price. $35 less than I paid last year with LE discounted pricing.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
A dumb question:

Can the standard 17 round M&P 9mm mags be used in the compact 2.0 9mm, maybe with an x-grip spacer or something?

Yes. In fact, the 2.0 Compacts come with two free adapters for 17 round magazines.

17 rounders can be used without the adapters too.

Adapters:

17 rounder with adapter:

Without adapter:

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
^^^^. Thanks

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post