SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Legion 226 and 229 info..........
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legion 226 and 229 info.......... Login/Join 
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted
This may have been discussed here, if so....my bad.

The GGI trigger in the stock gun appears to be installed with no adjustments made. If you are mechanically inclined and want to adjust the trigger it will give you a pretty good improvement. Yes, I know that seems odd. But it really does get better.

I'll tighten (clockwise) the set screw on the trigger until the hammer does NOT fall. Then I'll back it off (counter clockwise), until it does. Better SA and in DA the hammer drops and ZERO over travel.

Out of 6 Legions (not all mine), I've adjusted them all and found that none of them were set to take advantage of the GGI adjustable trigger for over travel.

Just some random info, hope it helps.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it has been discussed, but still a good idea to refresh memories. Might want to add that you shouldn't let the hammer fall with no slide in the frame without stopping it before it dead ends.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
Might want to add that you shouldn't let the hammer fall with no slide in the frame without stopping it before it dead ends.

Perfect, thanks man. I skimmed over that detail.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the interest of setting the record straight, when I posted about this several months back, I didn't add the bit about the hammer either Razz!

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post