SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    p320 X grip frame
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p320 X grip frame Login/Join 
posted
If I have a regular P320, can I just switch to an X grip frame or is it an entirely different model?

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 407 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
You are good to go

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Thanks.

Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Doesn’t the X grip frame require the use of newer style magazines than the earlier P320 mags?

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
Doesn’t the X grip frame require the use of newer style magazines than the earlier P320 mags?

This is true. P320 magazines that have the little tabs on the top of the base pads that fit into the recessions of the original P320 grip modules will not work on the X grip frames. You will need to cut or grind them off.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or you could notch the x-grip frames to accept the magazines.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both the newer 17 and 21 rounders should work. I believe the newer magazine base plates where designed to work in the X-grip modules. The newer ones have flat "wings" vs the rounded "wings" on the older style.

Posts: 1217 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
2Adefender You are correct, but 30 seconds with a pair of dikes, and the original style base pads (that say Sig Sauer) work just fine.

I guess if you really wanted to pretty them up you could sand them smooth, but functional unnecessary.

I really wish it was easier to post pictures on this site, I'd show you exactly what needs to be snipped off.

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice. Much like the OP, I was considering picking up an X grip for my early P320. Mine has the earlier "SIG Sauer" mag floorplates. Looks like they just need a little massaging.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got it ordered. SIG sent me a Father's day email showing the X grip on sale.(49.99) According to the product description, the X grip uses mags with SIG on the baseplates and not SIG SAUER. I got lucky. Mine are all SIG.

posted Hide Post

cp Big Grin

SFC USAR/AGR
12B/19D/79V
US Army Distinguished Pistol Shot.

Posts: 13 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
https://www.snapfish.com/photo...47731317070/SNAPFISH

https://www.snapfish.com/photo...47730403070/SNAPFISH

Sorry, I can't get it to work where it just simply displays the pictures without clicking on the link.

posted Hide Post
No Quota - Thanks Sir for your pictures. I am a visual person and your pictures provide me what I need to modify several mags....Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig will soon be selling the parts to replace the bases too. KIT-MOD-MAG-FLR-PLT-BLK MSRP is $9 last I heard. Thanks to JBird679 from his post on the 17 and 21 round mags.

Here is also some good information from our very own Osage County Guns.

New Floor Plate Kit @ Osage County Guns, however they are out of stock.

Posts: 1217 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by am94pm:
Sig will soon be selling the parts to replace the bases too. KIT-MOD-MAG-FLR-PLT-BLK MSRP is $9 last I heard. Thanks to JBird679 from his post on the 17 and 21 round mags.

Thanks for posting this! Also, if you don’t mind spending the extra money, these base plates are the ultimate choice for the X Frame:

Springer Precision Base Plates

https://shop.springerprecision...Id=299&categoryId=85

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by am94pm:

We've just added two to inventory so 2 are available at this moment. Hope to receive some more soon....

Updated / 3:55 PM - sorry... they sold out today.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OsageCountyGuns,

Osage County Guns
Wright City, MO

Posts: 767 | Registered: October 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OCG - Morning John/Brad - wanted to ask if you have an update on when you might be getting more of these base plates in stock? Thanks Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used one of the 25% off coupons that came with the P320 upgrade to order two x-frames; one for a full size and one went on a compact. The carry grip looks a little awkward on the compact, as it's got the full 17-round grip.

Both are very comfortable. I wasn't sure I'd like them, but they're great. Both are just the grip frame without a weight or mag well; they just chage the ergonomics a bit. I haven't tried to fit them for holsters and will need to do some digging to see what works. As yet, I'm happy with the frames.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
OCG - Morning John/Brad - wanted to ask if you have an update on when you might be getting more of these base plates in stock? Thanks Mark

Apologies for the late delay. I didn't see your reply. No firm ETA. Sometimes it is just a week or two and sometimes it takes months.

Osage County Guns
Wright City, MO

Posts: 767 | Registered: October 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post