SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mpx trigger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mpx trigger Login/Join 
posted
Anyone know if a CMC single stage 3.5 pound straight bow trigger on sale at PSA will work on the gen 2 mpx?

Posts: 114 | Registered: February 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no knowledge of that trigger so I can't answer your question. But I have installed a bunch of different triggers in my MPX and pretty much most AR triggers will fit. Having said that it seems clear from all the conversations I've had about the Geissele that I wanted to use that not many triggers will survive if they are not designed specifically for the MPX. So I wouldn't put in anything unless the mfg. says is OK for the MPX.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
Yes it will, I have one in my MPX.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
CMC single stage 3.5 pound straight bow trigger

how many rounds has it lasted? the interwebs show most don't last too long including this one unless they are MPX specific.

Picture of Smokey99
posted Hide Post
My first was a Hyperfire 24c that lasted 3500 rounds (115 gr at 1260 fps). Installed 2nd Hyperfire 24c and lowered velocity to 1190 fps. Probably have 5k thru the new trigger group. Go to Rifle sub forum - there are now several firms making FCG specifically for the MPX.

"Son, always take your paper to the woods" - my dad
NRA Endowment Life Member
3 Gun, PCC, IDPA, Bullseye Shooter

Posts: 315 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
there are now several firms making FCG specifically for the MPX

that was my point to the OP. they don't do well unless they are intended for the MPX.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Any assembly design that uses a 'bridge' deflector similar to what SIG's own factory trigger uses, or utilizes a housing that's engineered to do the same thing (protect against impact strikes from the rear of the hammer during the 'cocking' swing) should hold up in the MPX.

For my MPX I went with Timney's 2-stage MPX with the straight bow when they became available. So far it's held up very well. SIG's latest MPX carbine--the PCC--also uses a Timney, though they went with the single-stage unit.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After blowing up a couple Geissele trigger groups on my MPX's, I moved to KE Arms SLT-1 triggers on both. They have operated flawlessly through several thousand rounds each. Nice single stage trigger pull IMO.

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
I have well over two thousand rounds out of my MPX with the CMC trigger and it has performed flawlessly.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post