SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sights for P239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sights for P239 Login/Join 
posted
Hello everyone,

I have a Sig P239 in 9mm and I've been looking for sights for a while. I'm hoping some of you have already gone down this road and may be able to provide some guidance.

Ideally, I'd like a black rear/ and thinner (`.110" - .125") fiber optic front. I went on the Dawson Precision web page and they have several options, but I'm not sure if they'll work on the P239 and also not sure what heights to choose.

Has anyone replaced the sights on the P239 with Dawson or any other fiber optic set? How did the sights do with POA/POI? Any other issues/concerns?

Thank you all for your time!

Posts: 178 | Location: SoCal | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do your current sights hit properly for elevation? Compare the heights to what Dawson lists. Make use of the sight calculator tool they have on their website. If you're worried about if they'll fit, ask Dawson. They're a good company to do business with. I put a black rear/FO front on my M&P 2.0 Compact, and when the POI was too low, they sent me a lower front sight at no charge.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is what you want: Dawson P-Series

I emailed them to ask if these will work for the P239. If your elevation is off after you install them they will give you a replacement front sight for free.

I just replaced the sights today. I have to tell you getting the sig sights off was a son of a bitch. Even using a sight pusher I had to put a lot of torque into it.

I did have to file the Dawson sights a little bit but everything went in ok.

Edit: Forgot to say I went to the range today to see if everything was aligned. I was shooting at 15yds and when using a 6 o'clock hold I was right on. I know this is contrary to what sig uses (I think a combat sight picture?) but for me that's where my pistol was hitting.

Perhaps it would be better if I was hitting where the fiber optic was? I think I will leave it be.

Posts: 11 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post