SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Has anyone ever seen a brass bead front and rear sight?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone ever seen a brass bead front and rear sight? Login/Join 
Back in Black
posted
I had to send the slide back on my Dan Wesson blued Valor because the front night sight was dead on arrival. I requested that they replace the sights with a set of the brass bead sights (if possible) that they have started to put on some of their guns. A brass bead front sight with serrated rear. Well, it looks like they just took the tritium vials out and replaced them with brass. I am not sure if they thought they were helping me or what, but honestly it looks pretty dumb with brass front and rear to me. Too busy and cluttered. Any thoughts?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RobC2,

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A pic would help. Typically, the brass bead is front only.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
That's what I thought. Here are a couple of pics.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It doesn't look bad to me, but it's not my gun. YMMV, etc.

Do you use the rear bead when sighting? If not, you could just have it replaced with a blued/black one, which would be completely unnoticeable.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
It doesn't look bad to me, but it's not my gun. YMMV, etc.

Do you use the rear bead when sighting? If not, you could just have it replaced with a blued/black one, which would be completely unnoticeable.

I want a plain rear sight and that is what I thought I was getting. To change it now would involve extra time and cost and I am trying to decide if it is worth it. I guess I will contact them and let them know my concerns. I don't think I will be happy long term and for $1500, I should probably have the sights I want.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Call them, it sounds like they misinterpreted what you wanted...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson has great customer service. Call them and tell them exactly what you want done and they will fix it.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Very butch. Call 'em up and get it right.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I contacted them and they are going to take care of it. Great service!

posted Hide Post
? $1500 to replace a dead front sight? Or was that the cost of the gun when new? Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 727 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rodfac:
? $1500 to replace a dead front sight? Or was that the cost of the gun when new? Rod

Cost of gun new.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I had all three of my 1911's set up (by Don Williams) with Heinie all black rears, and he drilled the front sight to install a solid gold bead (from the same manufacturer who makes them for S&W revolvers). I would think the gold would be far preferable to brass. If the brass one is like the gold, it just has a stem that fits into a drilled hole. It might be possible to just switch them. The gold sure picks up nicely.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post