Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M17 Login/Join 
Picture of tcba_joe
posted Hide Post
I own 2: One with a DPP and TLR-1HL (that I plan on putting onto an X-Carry grip at some point), and one with nothing I intend to keep stock.

I'm planning on getting M18s as soon as they come out as well, whenever that happens.

quote:
Originally posted by ardvrk22:
one word of caution, when you remove the milled plate to make ready for the red dot, the LCI (loaded Chamber indicator)will fall out. No big deal but there is a very tiny spring under it and it can disappear quickly. Sig doesn't have these available yet. The only fix is to remove LCI and put red dot on and business as usual with out LCI. Shitty way to do business!!

Sucks you can't get a replacement part.

For those of you planning on doing this, stick a piece of electrical tape over the LCI before disassembly. Keeps it in place and you can drop the optic right on without dicking with the LCI.

Posts: 195 | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was unhappy with the size of the channel left if the LCI is not in there at all, so I put it back without a spring. seems fine, maybe won't work great when all gunked up, but I don't care if it works. At least its some metal in there. FWIW>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I totally took it out. I just got back from range. Put 200 rounds thru it with no problems. Not gunked up very bad.

Posts: 4 | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I fully expect it to run perfectly without the LCI. What I don't like is that if you have an ammo issue the direction of the problem is now up as with no LCI there is an large unsupported path. Maybe low probability but I like it better with something in there. YMMV of course.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post