Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M17 Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
Anyone have one of these yet? I saw them a couple months ago at my huge LGS and figured I’d wait a while to see how people were liking them, but the other day when I was in I couldn’t hold back. I liked the feel and with a little Black Friday discount it was enough to pick it up. I usually like to wait until things are beta tested some, usually after a year or so, especially considering how many recalls handguns seem to go through these days the first year or so. On the other hand though I thought well it’s kinda fun to every once in a while be one of the first as well, and considering the one I got was from among the first batch shipped out, it’s sort of neat I suppose.

My LGS has about 15 remaining actually, 4 of which are the commemorative models. To me, the $450 price difference from wasn’t worth it, it’s the same gun I have read except for some slide markings, different color rear sight lamps, and internal coatings. Plus, the new military issued ones will have black controls and I actually like the black controls on the civilian model anyway as it looks better against the FDE in my opinion. Funny I usually hate manual safeties especially on striker fired guns, but for some reason on this model I don’t mind it at all.

The feel is very nice, albeit I’ve always said the p320 grip modules feel a bit cheap. It’s still solid and the pointability is excellent. I also like the stock trigger, it’s smooth and crisp, with a break much farther forward than many other guns. It’s nice not having to pull the trigger all the way against the frame to release the striker.

The finish is also very nice. It’s sort of a goldish brown, doesn’t pick up well in the iPhone camera light. It’s funny some of the same models in the case had a darker slide, much browner, whereas a bunch like mine had the lighter gold looking slide. Not sure why the coatings would fluctuate. I’m not certain Sig even knows.

Anyway I haven’t got to the range as I just picked it up, but hope to shoot it soon. I would think that this would be a popular model though I haven’t seen anything on it here on the forum surprisingly, though again it is pretty new I guess.

Here’s a quick pic

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Looks pretty cool! Let us know how she shoots.

Enjoy!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
I like the look and feel of them, but I'm leaning more towards the Bravo Talo in black. What's ironic, or coincidental - not sure which applies - is that I only liked the "Compact" version before. I hate how the "Carry" gun feels, all bottom heavy and weird, and I hate how the "Full" gun looks, with that goofy ass full rail. But when you put a full slide on a carry frame it feels and looks really good.

Keep us posted with some review of how it actually performs.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I held one of these yesterday at the local PSA. I was impressed with the feel/ balance as well at the trigger pull and reset. We compared it to a 320 X Carry, the M17 felt better balanced as well as a better trigger. Also the X Carry wouldn't completely lock up if slowly releasing the slide and when pulling the trigger it would finish putting the slide into battery but with a very mushy trigger feel.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^yeah the feel is better than I had expected. And this one locks up just fine with no hesitation, the commemorative ones I held all had the fail to return to full battery where it got hung up a few mm from full slide lock up. May not matter live fire though.

I think a lot of people will like the bravo because for every person who likes the FDE, there seems to be someone who hates the color and wishes it was black all the time.

Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I’d like one in black, compact size. It would make a nice ccw.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may try one. But the rear sight being integral with the optic mount cover plate is a little strange. Seems like having the irons as an immediate backup to a failed optic would be a good feature on a military pistol. You know... like the 320RX?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YooperSigs,

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ FWIW (and I'm not sure what it's worth), Leupold will sell you an iron rear sight that piggybacks on the Deltapoint Pro for something like $65 or $75.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cattivo, apparently Sig makes a version that holds true to contract "spec" where Leu Delta Pro Point is the red dot to use IMHO. A few weeks ago met a guy who seemed to be very well informed and some sort of 'HONCHO" in gun industry who informed me that Sig optics are made in China and sent to US
for assembly? Makes sense considering Sig's price point being considerably less than Delta, RMR, etc,
In any case be sure to get version you want; but it is Delta "contract" for me! Safe assumption that Sig submitted theirs for testing?

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up the M 17 Comm , the week it came out 949. I may have ran 600 or so rounds, no jams but if you pull the slide back a little it does stick a little some times not always and never when firing .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I own a Commemorative and a Talo M17B. I've not shot the commemorative, but the Bravo is a sweet shooter.

Also...the commemorative has a different barrel. The barrel is noticeably thicker and has a different contour as compared to the M17B.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These take a deltapoint. period. And they have some silly items like the LCI. And (search for my prior post) Sig really doesn't have parts for them at least the parts that are only on this gun. The gun's nice enough but in reality its just a 320 in a different color.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for public stupidity
posted Hide Post
The guns are making their way up here now. Would the Black be more durable than the FDE finish?

Take Care

Bob

Posts: 33 | Location: Terrace, B.C. Canada | Registered: April 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
Also...the commemorative has a different barrel. The barrel is noticeably thicker and has a different contour as compared to the M17B.

Interesting. Do you know offhand if the "Snoopy" variant (FDE with black controls) has the same barrel as the M17B?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mike718
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a commemorative yesterday. I was planning on picking up the commercial version however they were having a sale and was able to pick it up for $809 OTD at my Exchange. I was able to take them both apart and the thing I notice that was different between both is that on the commemorative, it is only one screw to hold in the plate which is located under the striker channel. The commercial version, there are two screw which is located on the side of the slide to hold the plate on instead. The recoil spring is also different, the commercial have a orange spring while the commemorative have a purple spring.

NRA Member

Posts: 177 | Location: VA | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ I read that the commercial version had two screws as well, that they changed that from the one screw design of the original submitted contract gun. They would change the original to two screws, but I was told it is a lot harder to get approval to change military contracts even if just for minor tweaks. Funny thing I don’t plan on getting an optic anyway, because if I did, I’d want a Trijicon RMR, not the Delta point.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
The pistol could definitely use more options for both optic mounts and rear sights.

posted Hide Post
I'm trying to get my favorite supplier of all things special to do an adapter to get from the delta point mount to an RMR mount. But at the moment the market seems very small so I don't know if it will happen. That's the downside of Sig low volume guns.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I’d think this will be a staple in their line up for a decade or two at least, as long as the Military issues the M17 I’ll bet.

posted Hide Post
one word of caution, when you remove the milled plate to make ready for the red dot, the LCI (loaded Chamber indicator)will fall out. No big deal but there is a very tiny spring under it and it can disappear quickly. Sig doesn't have these available yet. The only fix is to remove LCI and put red dot on and business as usual with out LCI. Shitty way to do business!!

Posts: 4 | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post