SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 C KABOOM ***4th Update*** Back to Sig She Goes
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 C KABOOM ***4th Update*** Back to Sig She Goes Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
That looks like a lot of unsupported case?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
That,in my humble opinion,is way to much shell not supported.

In theory,the shell should be supported along the length of case.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I checked SAAMI chamber specs, should be .754-.776 from breech face to case mouth.
On my barrel from the end of the hood to the case mouth (ledge?) it's .759 so that ok, but from the case mouth ledge to the back end of the chamber is .583. SAAMI shows the entire case supported as tuumunz said. Not sure what to do with this info though, would SIG be interested?

Posts: 5 | Location: 75149 | Registered: June 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to post an update.

The gunsmiths at SIG have the slide assembly and are putting it through the eval process now. We'll see what they find after measuring everything and testing the fit and springs.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm kind of surprised we're seeing photos of what appears to be significant unsupported case in Sig chambers, and so little comment

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The exact same failure happened to my dad's 320. Happened 3 times to him and once to me. Mine was in the middle of a competition. All were reloads 4.0 of 231 with a coated lead bullet. Pistol had zero modifications done to it. No damage occurred to the pistol during any of the case failures.

It was sent to Sig, received a clean bill of health, and returned. Have not had that failure with any pistol before or since. We could not explain why it happened. Pistol was sold locally after it was returned by Sig.

Bruce states that it cannot fire out of battery and I believe him. I think some barrels may have chambers that are a little short and result in cases not being fully supported. This is a wild ass guess though and I have no way of supporting that guess.

Posts: 166 | Registered: February 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by linkscoach:
The exact same failure happened to my dad's 320. Happened 3 times to him and once to me. Mine was in the middle of a competition. All were reloads 4.0 of 231 with a coated lead bullet. Pistol had zero modifications done to it. No damage occurred to the pistol during any of the case failures.

It was sent to Sig, received a clean bill of health, and returned. Have not had that failure with any pistol before or since. We could not explain why it happened. Pistol was sold locally after it was returned by Sig.

Bruce states that it cannot fire out of battery and I believe him. I think some barrels may have chambers that are a little short and result in cases not being fully supported. This is a wild ass guess though and I have no way of supporting that guess.

Coated lead? Hmm the other photo still active here shows reloaded coated lead ammo on the table in the background. I wonder if the poly/baked on coat is sticking just enough to keep the rounds out of battery.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the bump but what was the verdict from sig?

My x5 is having similar issues.

Posts: 1 | Registered: February 27, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dansedgli:
Sorry for the bump but what was the verdict from sig?

My x5 is having similar issues.

Go to my original post for your final answer---I've updated it. Thanks for reminding me.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post