SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Fiber Optic sights recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fiber Optic sights recommendations Login/Join 
Picture of CHLP290
posted
I read several posts regarding adding fiber optic sights to the P320. I have the standard Sig night sights right now. Is it advisable to just swap out the front sight for a fiber optic, would the group recommend that I swap out both front and rear sights. I'm looking at Trijicon, but there seems to be a lot of posts recommending TruGlo. I'm looking at the Trijicon HD XR night sights. This will be for my concealed carry P320. And for defensive purposes only. I have a 40 caliber. It also appears that the proper size for both rear and front would be 8.

US Army Veteran
Proud NRA Member
Sig P229 40 Cal.
Sig P290RS 9mm
Sig P320C 40 Cal
Sig P365 9mm
Sig 516G2 Patrol
Sig 716G2 DMR
Sig MCX Virtus 300 BO
Benelli M4 Tactical Shotgun
Savage Axis II XP 30-06

Posts: 92 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: April 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Both front and rear....

Frank Proctor Y notch sights or
Dawson Precision.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grayguns put a Dawson fiber optic front on my p250. They will also put a black rear on the 320 if you like. They can't do the rear on the 250.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Fo front. Black rear. Dawson is my go to. They'll send you a different height front if the original one hits high or low.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
Dawson FO Front, black rear. Favorite sight set range or competition. They're great!

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Is there something special about the Dawson black rear sight? They sell just the fiber optic front, or a set with fiber optic front and black rear. Is that black back sight substantially different or better than a stock back sight?

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by evolution:
Dawson FO Front, black rear. Favorite sight set range or competition. They're great!

Likewise for me. Bruce did my P226.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:

Likewise for me. Bruce did my P226.

GGI performed the same on a P320 of mine. Hard to beat combination, in my opinion.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I had the GGI sight treatment initially (GGI rear, Dawson front), but the front was just simply too skinny for me to pick up quickly. I then installed SIG XRay3 sights on it, and they worked well. What works even better is swapping out the XRay3 front for a TFO from SIG.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honestlou, I have a 2 dot rear sight on my 250 with the Dawson Fo front, (the proprietary rear on the 250 can't be changed). I think it works pretty well. The Dawson front is kind of slim, but I don't compete or carry.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Your post is asking for opinions on fiber optic sights, yet you state you are considering Trijicon HD XRs. While TruGlo has combination tritium/fiber optic sights (both their TFO & TFX lines), HD Xr's are tritium only sights, not fiber optic. Fiber optic rods gather ambient light to produce a bright dot in the sight, but they do not glow in the dark. Once the ambient light is gone, they act like black sights. The TruGlo combo sights have tritium on the front end of the sight, so it glows through the FO rod in the dark.

Personally, I prefer a single dot up front with a blacked out rear. For that reason, I'd swap both front and rear with the XRs. If you want TruGlo's, I'd recommend TFX over TFO, but that's because I had a rod pop out of a set of TFO's I had on a .40 229. TFX sights are supposed to be more robust.

Also, the standard sight number combo for a .40 is #6 front/#8 rear. Your pistol may be different, so if you currently have a #8/#8 set and it hits where you want it, get the same.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1
I have/had their sights on several pistols and love them.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Williams Gun Sight Company in Michigan makes a series of "Fire Sights" that seem to fit your desire for fiber optic sights.

I have Williams' 70962 set on M&P 9mm 4.25" M2.0. They are great and the rear sight is click adjustable in elevation and windage.

Tritium sights were mentioned. My experience with their use in competition suggests that plain dot sights work better.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Dawson Front, Warren Rear

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post