SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any experience with Breakthrough Clean products?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any experience with Breakthrough Clean products? Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
So I have seen many threads over the years asking which cleaners are best, oils vs grease, etc., but I haven’t really given much thought to it as I have always used CLP and TW-25, so I saw no reason to change. I feel like there are a bunch of quality cleaners out there and it’s mostly just a personal preference it seems.

Well I’m not ready to give up my CLP/TW-25 regiment though I came across Breakthrough Clean products and saw the glowing reviews and wondered if they are really all that? Anyone on here use them and really like them? Are they as good or better than CLP for cleaning and providing some lubrication and corrosion protection?

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Ok I’m guessing this is NOT a popular cleaner

Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I had a couple of samples of the Breakthrough Clean solvent and high purity gun oil and kept them in my range bag. I've cleaned and lubed a few pistols and an AR15 with them and don't have anything negative to say. They worked fine. The solvent and the oil are pretty much odorless, so that's a plus for a lot of people. I probably won't buy any Breakthrough Clean products though since I have enough CLP and Lubriplate to last me years and don't see a reason to switch. I know at the time I got the free samples from my LGS, the stuff was pretty expensive.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^thanks for the insight

Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Their stuff works just fine. I use the solvent and HP oil.

Posts: 1977 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think at one time we were given a sample bottle of their cleaning solution, though I can't remember from who. Don't know what ever happened to it though, but that's no surprise since we've gotten quite a few "next big thing" samplers over the years. Seems to get some glowing reviews on Amazon, though a (very) few complained that the spray bottles that they use broke well before they ran low on the cleaner. That's a similar complaint that I have about M-Pro 7 spray bottles, the stuff that I do use.

-MG

Posts: 1961 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
They have since changed their bottles twice. I had the same problem. The new delivery system is good to go. I buy the solvent every time they have a sale.

quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
I think at one time we were given a sample bottle of their cleaning solution, though I can't remember from who. Don't know what ever happened to it though, but that's no surprise since we've gotten quite a few "next big thing" samplers over the years. Seems to get some glowing reviews on Amazon, though a (very) few complained that the spray bottles that they use broke well before they ran low on the cleaner. That's a similar complaint that I have about M-Pro 7 spray bottles, the stuff that I do use.

Posts: 1977 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post