SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Colt Python thoughts after owning one for two weeks.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt Python thoughts after owning one for two weeks. Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I'm also guessing your bluing is original. The one I inherited looks like yours, but with holster wear as it was a duty weapon. I know mine hasn't been re-blued. The bluing on that era of Python was phenomenal.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bripro:
^^ Sure is. Thank you. Looks great.

you're welcome, after your comments, i had to take a look.

yours looks to have as deep bluing as mine, you made a good buy, congratulations.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks straight and original to me.
Mine have holster wear and some bumps from PPC, IPSC, and IDPA competition.

Frankly, I now shoot Smiths more when I want a revolver. I guess I could clean the old Colts up and sell them for a profit but I don't know what I would buy with the proceeds that I would like better.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it should be easy to tell if it is a refin. Look at the letter stamped on the barrel. The edges of the letters will actually be raised from the stamping.

With a refin, these edges tend to be worn down or are gone completely. Also, compare the stampings on one side of the barrel to the other.

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rover88
posted Hide Post
Of the seven deadly sins, I'm torn between lust and envy. Beautiful pistol; I love the bluing from that era.

Posts: 640 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: February 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Seven deadly sins = Colt's seven serpents....

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! I inherited my Father's '67 a few years back. He stored it in a heavy leather holster for many years and it has a small blem near the muzzle. It only had 18rds thru it when I got it.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post