SIGforum
Colt Python thoughts after owning one for two weeks.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/7140076754

June 10, 2019, 10:51 PM
P220 Smudge
Colt Python thoughts after owning one for two weeks.
I'm also guessing your bluing is original. The one I inherited looks like yours, but with holster wear as it was a duty weapon. I know mine hasn't been re-blued. The bluing on that era of Python was phenomenal.

June 11, 2019, 12:20 AM
airbubba
quote:
Originally posted by bripro:
^^ Sure is. Thank you. Looks great.

you're welcome, after your comments, i had to take a look.

yours looks to have as deep bluing as mine, you made a good buy, congratulations.
June 11, 2019, 09:05 AM
Jim Watson
It looks straight and original to me.
Mine have holster wear and some bumps from PPC, IPSC, and IDPA competition.

Frankly, I now shoot Smiths more when I want a revolver. I guess I could clean the old Colts up and sell them for a profit but I don't know what I would buy with the proceeds that I would like better.
June 11, 2019, 01:04 PM
GreenDragoon
it should be easy to tell if it is a refin. Look at the letter stamped on the barrel. The edges of the letters will actually be raised from the stamping.

With a refin, these edges tend to be worn down or are gone completely. Also, compare the stampings on one side of the barrel to the other.
June 11, 2019, 04:16 PM
Rover88
Of the seven deadly sins, I'm torn between lust and envy. Beautiful pistol; I love the bluing from that era.
June 11, 2019, 04:49 PM
SIGfourme
Seven deadly sins = Colt's seven serpents....
June 11, 2019, 07:10 PM
akaSigFreak
Beautiful! I inherited my Father's '67 a few years back. He stored it in a heavy leather holster for many years and it has a small blem near the muzzle. It only had 18rds thru it when I got it.