SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which gun fits your hand the best?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which gun fits your hand the best? Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
1911. My Wilson Combat CQB and Les Baer Premier II fit my hand perfectly. As far as Sigs, P228.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cz75 compact

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way back on Page 1 I said the Sig P239, but I think I have to change my mind. I recently picked up a Beretta PX4 Compact and I gotta say, I really like the feel of it. Biggest downside is that the grip frame is pretty slick. I tried the rubberized Talon Grips, putting a couple hundred rounds through the gun. An improvement, but still a little slicker than I'd like. I just ordered the granulated version. I liked them on the Glock 23 I had, so I'm hoping I'll have the same luck with the PX4.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P226 MK25 with Hogue grips.

Jason Chamberlain

Posts: 7 | Location: Huffman, Texas | Registered: October 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK45 and my MK25 with Hogue G10's. P30 is right up there as well.

Posts: 492 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: June 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Without a doubt a 1911 with an arched mainspring.

Cz 75B SA fits my hand pretty well also.

Worst fit is a BHP (aside from subcompacts and compacts).

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't own one currently, but a Browning HP.

Posts: 987 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
An old P6, or a 239. I have smaller hands.

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
HK P30 or VP9.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cwelch
posted Hide Post
1911 and BHP.

Posts: 268 | Location: Conyers, Ga. | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1911 Period..........

Posts: 141 | Registered: June 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
STI 2011.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BHP

Posts: 2059 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
1. CZ-75 with palm swell grips
3. HK P7 with palm swell grips
2. BHP with Spegel grips
4. Walther PPQ with medium back strap
5. Beretta Cougar
6. S&W M39
7. Walther P-38
8. 1911-A1
9. SIG/Sauer P220

Posts: 619 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
Am I really the first to say a Luger P08?

After the Luger it would be my SIG P6 and then my SIG P228.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Haven't picked up a 1911 yet that didn't feel right, generally they just seem to work best for me for fit.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Sig P225
Browning BHP
Kahr K9
SW K frame
Colt Diamondback
DW V Bob
Big Grin

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2759 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
PPQ for fit, but could be less slick

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6313 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still looking for the perfect fit & function. The best for me thus far is a P220. It would be perfect If I could get higher up the back by mayber 1/16" or 3/32". Also, front strap checkering is a must for me.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
1911 with standard or thin grips. Next in line would be a 229 with Hogue fingergrips.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12774 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post