SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got a new “oldest” today...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got a new “oldest” today... Login/Join 
posted
A H. Aston M 1842 with a production date of 1849. Beats my previous senior pistol by about 40 years! Apologies for the cell phone photo, just no time to get a proper shot done. Need to look up some .54 round balls and BP!

Bill R

Posts: 1117 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Damn nice! Right at the time of the gold rush.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Looks like one Hickok45 recently featured.

Beautiful piece of history!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Very nice find. Don't worry cell phone pic looks good, especially in B&W.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A very nice photo - classy b&w.

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A nice find and also a great picture.
I think the black and white photo is very classy and brings out the richness of the pistol.

I have always liked black and white photos

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t know why... but want.

Very nice find.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Beats my 72’ HiPower

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to find some .54 lead and some messy, messy, BP and go make some smoke!

Bill R

Posts: 1117 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
Siiiiick! I would want to kill me some redcoats with that thing.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heavyd:
Siiiiick! I would want to kill me some redcoats with that thing.

We weren't killing redcoats in 1849. Just the year prior to this particular specimen of a pistol's manufacture we were killin' us some Messicans.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Wonder if Apex has a trigger kit for it. Wink

In all seriousness it's a great-looking specimen, not that I'm close to being an expert on such things. I've never had the yearnings for anything black powder related, but that's the type of inspiration that could stoke such thoughts if there ever was one. Nice acquisition and pic, poor ol' phone camera notwithstanding. I strongly suspect that it's the person behind the lens that makes the shot work so well. Smile

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post