SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Help! Which H&K?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help! Which H&K? Login/Join 
Picture of Doe
posted Hide Post
I have several VP9s. They are great guns out of the box. Their triggers will get better with more rounds downrange. They have better ergos. The push for LE now is to go to 9mm. Bullet technology has peaked and 9mm will expand like the rest of them with less felt recoil. You can even throw in 115 gr +P+ or 127 gr +P+ to get that .40 felt recoil if you want it. 9mm will be cheaper to shoot in the long run.

This is my Tactical with Speer Lawman 124 gr fmj at 10 yards. Four targets, forty rounds total. Crazy accurate.

Posts: 64 | Location: Land of Oz. | Registered: March 09, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gatopescado
posted Hide Post
My duty gun is the P2000 in .40 cal. Been carrying it for 9 years. I shoot it pretty good and I've never had a problem with it. Rock solid like everyone is saying. I will say I like shooting steel guns better. If I could carry my 226 I would, but you can't go wrong with the P2000.

Posts: 994 | Location: South Texas | Registered: August 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the way my VP9 shoots. But my strong side thumb hits the slide lock... Mad

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
There's been an unexpected twist in my search for an H&K. I saw where Classic Firearms have a NIB USP Compact 9mm lem for $550. They're supposed to have been made to fulfill a European police contract but it fell through and Classic bought the lot. They're new, not police trade ins. I couldn't pass up that deal. I typically see new USPs go between $750 and $850.

How are you liking that usp compact you picked up? I've been debating between the p2000 and USPc but can only find the usp at a similar price point in LEM model. I'm set on da/sa and believe you can convert the usp to different variants. Thanks.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EBRfan:
I love the way my VP9 shoots. But my strong side thumb hits the slide lock... Mad

Which panels do you have in the gun?
I'm strange. I have medium on the right and large on the back and left.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Virginia sheepdog

I really like the USP compact. It's accurate with very little recoil. The grip on the P2000 does feel better but the USP has more possible trigger variations so its just a toss up between whats more important to you. I've seen p2000s go for $599 but typically the USP is around $750 or more, so thats something to consider too.
I know you're sold on the da/sa trigger but the light lem is way better than I imagined. Its just like having a single action pull every time theres a round in the chamber. The only time the da pull comes into play would be like if you attempted a second pull on a weak primer.
If both pistols were the exact same price and had the same trigger I'd probably go with the P2000. The grip on the USP feels good but the P2000 feels exceptionally good.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post