SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Help! Which H&K?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help! Which H&K? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
How'd you get that TLR-1 on that HK45C???

You have to modify the 1913 key and change the position. You can do a search on it over at the HK forum. It's a very simple mod.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
At one time I owned a USP45 tactical, a USPf9, a HK45, HK45c, P30, and a P2000.

The only one I have left is the P2000. I think it's the best HK.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Between the two for me it's the VP9 by a long shot. Then again I'm a striker guy and DA/SA triggers usually aren't a genotype I lust after. But even among strikers the VP9 is one that I shoot extremely well, better than I do with my PPQ M1 or most factory-spec Glocks. I do wish that HK could've been more efficient with capacity given the gun's size, but I understand the reasoning in reusing the P30 magazine for the VP9.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I have all the guns you mentioned, but one you didn't the HK P30 SK LE V1 Lem trigger, this is a fantastic gun, for EDC, totally ambi, as it should be for a carry gun, check one out, it has night sights 3 mags., side and back grip panels, the gun points and shoots right on target, and is fun to shoot. but then Sig FNH, CZ, HK,Walther, Glock, Springfield Armory and the premium Kahr's are all great guns, and are in my EDC rotation,

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
with a hair trigger
Picture of alou
posted Hide Post
I have a 9mm P2000sk LEM and carried it daily for years. IMHO, the LEM trigger helps defeat bad trigger control habits and the gun is a tack driver. 2 things to watch out for though:

1.) It is very hard to shoot fast with the LEM trigger
2.) With the sk series, be careful during speed reloads. The bottom of your shooting palm will likely protrude below the mag opening and if you're not careful, slamming in a fresh mag during a speed reload can pinch your palm into the mag opening. I hate blood blisters.....

Posts: 596 | Location: Houston, TX USA | Registered: August 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Just be aware with the LEM triggers they seem to be a love it or hate it with no middle ground thing. I HATE them. Smooth and light but the reset and hammer movement really drives me crazy. IMO LEM is a poor substitute for what you really want.....a striker fired pistol.

For me HKs are DA/Sa and that's where they shine shitty DA pull and all. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I just bought a P30 today from a guy near me

I've owned them before

Couldn't remember why I sold them

Now I remember....the damn finger trench in the trigger guard gives me horrible blisters...same with the vp9

I'm now pissed at myself for forgetting this problem...

I don't think the USP or p2000 have that groove

So they would be my vote

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I had a 9mm P2000 in light LEM and really liked it........until I got a 9mm P30sk in light LEM, which I love. The P30sk is now my EDC and I sold the P2000 to my brother in law. Out of the three magazines that came with my P30sk, I left one as it was and added a finger rest base plate to the other two (along with having a couple P30 full size magazines).

Posts: 3934 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I think the point of this thread is ....... it's hard to go wrong and find a real HK stinker. They have quirks and might need a little break in but if you find the one that fits you they are awesome.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I originally thought that I wanted an lem trigger but I got to spend some more time with one and I like the da/sa better. I recently spent some more time handling a VP9 also. The trigger is really nice, no doubt but I just don't care for the balance of it. I find this to be a problem with most pistols that have around a 4in barrel and a full size grip. It just feels disproportionate to me. Now, if the VP9 had a shorter grip that was proportional to the 15rnd magazine I'd be having a really hard time making a choice.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3531 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I originally thought that I wanted an lem trigger but I got to spend some more time with one and I like the da/sa better. I recently spent some more time handling a VP9 also. The trigger is really nice, no doubt but I just don't care for the balance of it. I find this to be a problem with most pistols that have around a 4in barrel and a full size grip. It just feels disproportionate to me. Now, if the VP9 had a shorter grip that was proportional to the 15rnd magazine I'd be having a really hard time making a choice.

There are two LEMs: one on most of the civilian marketed pistols is heavier, the light LEM is on the LEO package pistols (night sights and 3 magazines) or you can convert the heavy LEM to a light LEM with a couple spring changes.

I shoot a heavy LEM first and hated it. Once I shoot a light LEM, I loved it.... for me it was much better than H&K DA/SA (DA trigger pull is horribly long and heavy as compared to a nice SIG DA trigger pull).

Posts: 3934 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having owned both I believe the P2000 was the better gun, especially for ccw. It doesn't have the trigger groove that gets some people. It is roughly the same size as a glock 19 and can use the 15 round p30/vp9 mags for reload. Add a 45c magazine release and night sights of your choice and you call it a day.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
SLIGHT thread drift, while begging the O.P.'so pardon. My USP 9mm full size is one of the softest shooting pistols I have ever fired. I suppose an all steel government model with light loads is softer but the point stands at least as far as production 9mm fmj and full power s.d. loads are concerned... Are ALL hk pistols like this?
My understanding is that this is true, in part, due to the design of the recoil spring/rod package. Is this unique to the USP or do the 30/2000 models have it? At this time, I have no interest in a vp9. I am considering the others as a da/sa replacement for a g19 size gun when I inevitably decide the 226 is too big in FL summers and can't find a 228.
With digression and best regards,
Big

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I plan on ordering a P320 compact today and then I'll have one more gun to buy with my tax return. I've always wanted a Beretta 92 compact but I've also wanted a H&K P2000 v2. But now there's also the VP9 to consider.
For those of you who own or have owned the P2000, how do feel about them? Does anyone own the VP9 and the P2000? Which do you prefer? I know how they differ, I'm just asking your opinions.

I own, shoot and love each one of the guns you mention. Your specific question p2000 v. VP9 can be addressed "P2000" unless you compete in one or more of the various shooting events.the P2000 is very under rated. Mine is a v3 in .40 and I also use a .357sig barrel (HK barrel).

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a H&K P30SK LEM. It is accurate and reliable. It has fired everything from 9mm 115 Gr to 150 Gr reliably.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I agree, the HK P30 SK V1 LEM is an awesome gun, being a lefty it also gives me total ambi operations, as well as being accurate and 100% reliable, I also have the same gun in the V3 D/S action with decocker, I tend to like the LEM trigger a little better...the LE versions both have great night sights as well as 3 magazines..

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of buddyRoland
posted Hide Post
I've owned a P2000 LEM, USP 9C, USP 40 and a USP 45. I offloaded these weapons years ago for personal reasons but of all of them, I loved the big USP 45 the most. I could just shoot it. I hated the LEM - couldn't get used to it. I just purchased a P30sk V3. I like the P2000's build but couldn't master the LEM, hence the reason for da/as this time. Good luck - you can't go wrong, they are good pistols.

God Bless America

Posts: 3490 | Location: Dale City, VA | Registered: February 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's been an unexpected twist in my search for an H&K. I saw where Classic Firearms have a NIB USP Compact 9mm lem for $550. They're supposed to have been made to fulfill a European police contract but it fell through and Classic bought the lot. They're new, not police trade ins. I couldn't pass up that deal. I typically see new USPs go between $750 and $850.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3531 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
That's pretty close to the P2000 you asked about. Nice find. Let us know how you like it.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own both guns that your considering. The VP9, and the P2000 in 40 caliber. I like the "feel" of the VP9, but for knock down, I'd go with the .40 caliber. Just my 2 pesos !

Posts: 59 | Registered: February 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post