SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Joined the 320 club today, the 225 and 226 have a new sibling. Range Pictures added
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joined the 320 club today, the 225 and 226 have a new sibling. Range Pictures added Login/Join 
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted
It has been at least ten years that my beloved W German 225 and W German 226; with their DA/SA triggers, have sat unused in the safe. I truly love those two guns but prefer by a wide margin striker fired guns.

Today I purchased a 320 Compact, and while I haven't had time to shoot it yet here are my initial impressions and some pictures.

The trigger feels great, there is a very clear audible and tactical reset. At the release point the gun doesn't jump the way my Glocks do, I'm looking forward to finding out if that translates to easier accuracy.

The first several times I held a 320 I didn't think the grip felt so great; I've changed my mind and now think it feels very good. I haven't been able to decide which of the competitors grips it feel most similar. But I like it.

The magazine release is very easy to reach and activate.

The magazine cutout at the bottom of the gun is a nice touch in the event one ever needs to strip a magazine.

Takedown is a walk in the park, with a nice added feature that you cannot remove the slide with a magazine in place. Additionally you don't need to pull the trigger to release the slide.

The forward slide serrations are large enough to be useful, but not so large as to look bad.

At this point, having not fired this gun, I feel like it is a winning package. Even more interesting is the fact that I have not touched on the modularity.

I'm very curious if the grip angle between the classic Sigs and the 320 are the same.

Here's the new 320 Compact with my 226 and 225

This message has been edited. Last edited by: evolution,

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats and welcome to the 320 club. You will enjoy the pistol and it may be your first 320 but I suspect it won't be your last one. Have fun with it.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I second that!!

I love mine and after 550 rounds no issues..

Feels great in my hand and I love shooting it.

Enjoy!!

USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) Bremerton WA.
Sig P938/238 Equinox
Sig P320C RX
Colt Mustang XSP FE

Posts: 50 | Location: Southeast NH | Registered: March 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Looking at your other two Sigs makes me really want to chop the rail off of my P320 grip module.

I'm hoping Sig makes a rail-less frame; in gray.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
I've seen pictures of the full size slide atop a carry or compact frame, it's a good looking pistol set up like that.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats, sweet set of Siggies!

I had an order in for the 320, but while waiting I talked myself into going non-striker for my first pistol, and picked up a 229.

What's the biggest reasons you prefer a striker?
Bruce.

Posts: 6 | Registered: October 23, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the P320 you will enjoy it.

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
Managed to make it to the range for 200 flawless rounds this afternoon.

Pistol shot great, accuracy was pretty good. I think I'm a little more accurate with my M&P 2.0, but I've got thousands of rounds through an M&P 1.0 so that might be making a difference.

Recoil felt good but I did have several pieces of brass fly at my head. Hope that goes away.

I am really really learning to love the look and feel of this pistol.

Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Just the other day I got the opportunity to put a couple mags through a compact 320 with an apex flat trigger and was thoroughly impressed. I found it to be easy to shoot and I warmed up to it quickly. There may be one in my future as well. Smile

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post