SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P225A1 & the 239 slide... think they interchange?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P225A1 & the 239 slide... think they interchange? Login/Join 
Picture of KHolm
posted
That’s my question! I’ve always been a huge fan of the P series legacy slide with the half height serrations & domed roll pin. Sitting here rocking my baby, reading the forum as usual I thought to myself, what would the odds be that a 239 Tactical slide would fit on my 225a? I’ve read that barrels are a direct drop-in, triggers, locking blocks, takedown pins, etc., are all the same. Hell, even the controls look identical.

Does anyone know? Does anyone here (stupid question) own both? I’d LOVE to know if it’s possible. If it were, and maybe this is a pipe dream, I’d buy a 239 Tac just for the upper!

I absolutely love my 225. I can’t wait to see a GGI flat trigger hit the shelves for it.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yes. There was a member who did the swap and posted the pic on here a while ago. Can't recall who, though.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Yes. There was a member who did the swap and posted the pic on here a while ago. Can't recall who, though.

I must’ve let work get in the way then... Thanks, Q! Going to have to try a more thorough search.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KHolm:
quote:

I must’ve let work get in the way then... Thanks, Q! Going to have to try a more thorough search.

Unfortunately, you won't find it, because it was from last year, and it's been auto pruned. Frown

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just the A1 model or all 225's?

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Just the A1 model or all 225's?

A1 only.

Q

Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
quote:

That was me Sir. I can take pics again but I don’t know how to post pics nowadays.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 350zee:
quote:

That was me Sir. I can take pics again but I don’t know how to post pics nowadays.

Would you mind if you have a moment doing so and emailing me?? Also, functionally was it good to go or was it a swap only? Thanks a mil!

Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
Email on its way to you Sir.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will someone please post a photo of this combo... interested to see how it looks. Thanks.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
Thank you, 350zee!!!

Here’s a link to his photo. I’m not up on how to post from imgur..

239/225A1 top swap

I’m totally sold on this if I can find a reasonably priced Tactical Slide.

Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
You are more tham welcome Sir.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I like the 225A-1 SAS!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post