SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    West German excellence
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

West German excellence Login/Join 
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures and especially some history on these fine guns.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are magnificent!

The workmanship, machining, fit and finish, etc., looks incredible!!

The 'Faberge Egg' of pistols!!

Thank you for sharing!!

Rob

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
It is always interesting to see how gun design reflects the dogma and doctrine of its day. While it may be unfair to judge a gun without having ever shot or even held it, I believe I see at least a couple design features that would be less than ideal in today's understanding and emphasis on ergonomics.

I'd bet that thin grooved trigger might be a tad hard on the trigger finger after several rounds.

Also, and again its unfair to categorically state this based on only seeing two samples, but I believe that perhaps Herr Korth may have found ways to improve upon his already high quality initial offerings observed in the later one.

It's also interesting that Herr Korth chose to update the trigger guard to reflect the trend of the time, but elected to stay with a single stack design instead of transitioning to the "Wonder 9" trend also popular at that time...although admittedly that would have required a major design change.

I'm always interested to see how different manufacturers implement their respective level of quality in their designs. Might we see some pictures of the gun field stripped and its inner workings?

quote:
Originally posted by pessimist:
Wow! Exquisite.

That is precisely my impression as well...exquisite!

Its not an updated trigger guard. Those two are only a year apart and there are much later examples with the rounded guard. They did them both ways.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:

Any idea what else came from the factory in the empty cutouts in the box? Something boring like a cleaning kit, or something more interesting?

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
quote:

Any idea what else came from the factory in the empty cutouts in the box? Something boring like a cleaning kit, or something more interesting?

Nothing

Optional barrels could be ordered (both long length and standard, hence the longer cut out), but generally weren’t. In fact, I don't think they were even offered yet with the early guns. The cases were made for ideas in the future.

Even one I've seen pictures of, the cut outs were empty.

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Its not an updated trigger guard. Those two are only a year apart and there are much later examples with the rounded guard. They did them both ways.

Ah ok. I noticed the close proximity of the build dates, but didn't realize that later builds were still available with the earlier style trigger guard. Thanks for clearifying that.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, that's nice!

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!!!

Thanks for sharing

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Very nice for sure, I had never saw one before now thanks for sharing. Is the barrel fixed?

Posts: 1553 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now if you could snag one or two of the optional detachable shoulder stocks the set would be complete.
Beautiful Korth Pistols.

Racoon reaching through fence....

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2920 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raggedhole:
Now if you could snag one or two of the optional detachable shoulder stocks the set would be complete.
Beautiful Korth Pistols.

Racoon reaching through fence....

Thanks

As for the shoulder stocks, that would be quite a task considering they built about three of them.

posted Hide Post
bac -- It's always a pleasure seeing arms from your collection.

Posts: 7871 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really, thanks for posting these pics! I have never seen pics of such quality and detail. All I have seen over the years have been grainy "copied from a book" type images.

Posts: 162 | Registered: August 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hany:
Really, thanks for posting these pics! I have never seen pics of such quality and detail. All I have seen over the years have been grainy "copied from a book" type images.

Yes sir

I figured to show the "real thing". Its sometimes good to know the guns actually exist apart from pictures in books.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Smile

Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
True industrial art

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Very nice for sure, I had never saw one before now thanks for sharing. Is the barrel fixed?

Sorry, missed the question

No sir, its not a fixed barrel. It moves with the frame briefly. It doesn't tilt though. Its a falling block design.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing those works of art.

Posts: 1699 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, those are all amazing. Thank you for the write up and the pics. I am curious why you say it's not as accurate as a p210 etc? Is it the gun itself is not mechanically accurate or capable of great accuracy, or do you mean it's more difficult to shoot accurately?

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonFrost:
Wow, those are all amazing. Thank you for the write up and the pics. I am curious why you say it's not as accurate as a p210 etc? Is it the gun itself is not mechanically accurate or capable of great accuracy, or do you mean it's more difficult to shoot accurately?

Thanks

I would say both. The bore axis is high for my tastes.

posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone.

I recently took both Korth Autopistols to the range. I couldn't help but shoot my new one. I put several rounds through each of them and was very impressed. The triggers are very smooth and the reset is extremely short. Accuracy was much better than I remembered. I guess I just needed some more trigger time with the model.

They shoot incredibly softly too. I love them.

I definitely short changed it in the OP.