SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Decided to make a change.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decided to make a change. Login/Join 
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
Love the round.

Get some bonded Underwood ammo. Its rated at 1,500 FPS out of that size of gun. Eek

Planning on it.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
It is all I carry. There are many equally useful cartridges, but I like the 357 Sig.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the .40SW as well as the .357SIG! All my .40s, HK2k, Sig 229/239/320, and G22/23 have .357Sig barrels...easy to switch. tough to find afordable shells in either caliber...I can never decide which I like the best. The only two .40s I have not converted are 2 beretta cougars. For the time being they will stay .40.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
357 is a boutique caliber harder to find than 40. But hey, whatever twirls your beanie. Smile

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fquico:
I love the .40SW as well as the .357SIG! All my .40s, HK2k, Sig 229/239/320, and G22/23 have .357Sig barrels...easy to switch. tough to find afordable shells in either caliber...I can never decide which I like the best. The only two .40s I have not converted are 2 beretta cougars. For the time being they will stay .40.

I've found ammo on SGAmmo and after shipping is added, it's still cheaper than buying local for both calibers.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by taco68:
quote:
Originally posted by gwmac:
Sigs are not the only platform for 357 Sig. I converted a Shield .40 to .357 and love it. .357 Sig shot very low and I changed the front sight to adjust it.

Where did you find a .357sig barrel for the Shield40? Looking at doing the same, but could not find any barrels from KKM or Lone Wolf.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gwmac:
Sigs are not the only platform for 357 Sig. I converted a Shield .40 to .357 and love it. .357 Sig shot very low and I changed the front sight to adjust it.

Where did you find a .357sig barrel for the Shield 40? Looking at doing the same, but could not find any barrels from KKM or Lone Wolf.

Did a Google search for you.

https://www.tr-enabling.com/pr...ba-p-mps-40-357c.htm

Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
So, I received an email from Double Tap that saved me 40% and free shipping, so I placed an order for their 357 SIG load. Once the rains stopped for a day and you could actually get outside, I gave it a try. It definitely gets your attention when you pull the trigger, but man was it fun!

Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Like peanut butter and jelly. The P229 and .357sig go together the best for that combo. I've been carrying that round for years in several platforms and thoroughly trust it, enjoy it...you get the idea.

Congrats! You'll be very pleased.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I really wish the .357Sig had taken off as well as the .40 did. I don’t feel that either eclipses the other except possibly in feedability. The .357 bottle neck just has to feed better by virtue of the taper. I wouldn’t mind the latitude of another caliber for my 226, currently compatible with .40, 9mm, and .22lr.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P226 in .40 that has over 25,000 rounds without ever a failure. it was used for competition, CC, target, and home defense. I have a .357 barrel for it that I used occasionally when I carried it and as a target. I loved the round but was rather expensive and I could easily reload .40.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Great pistol/Caliber combo

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post