SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What optic would you put on your 10mm AR?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What optic would you put on your 10mm AR? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Building a 10mm AR pistol with a 5.5” barrel. Mainly just for fun. Maybe my woods gun if I am happy with how it runs.
What optic would you put on it?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Vortex Sparc. For the money, you're not going to beat it for a combination of durability and cost.

We've started issuing them as a duty optic.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a Trijicon RMo on my CMMG Banshee 10mm AR pistol. That stated, I have been using a Vortex SPARC on my M1 carbine for 8+ years and it has always been good to go and held zero.

Posts: 3537 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
Wait, I have a 10mm AR????

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'm hard on SIGs Optics department, but the Romeo 5 is a great little optic. It's on my 9MM SBR AR after spending some time on a training AR-15, and if I didn't already have an MRO on my Scorpion pistol, it would have a Romeo 5.

They make a version that is oddly similar to the Vortex Sparc AR as well... likely all made by the same OEM provider to the companies individual specs.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
i have a C-more railway on my AR pistol, I have a Dolos Pantheon barrel swap system on it, and can swap barrels in a few seconds...so it’s 5.56 and 300 blackout.

I haven’t managed to break it, so it’s pretty robust.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post