SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Fitting a P320 to a small hand?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fitting a P320 to a small hand? Login/Join 
posted
My wife has a standard P320 Carry. It came with the medium carry frame and I have also tried a “medium” Xcarry module on it but with either, the combo of the grip size and trigger placement is a little big for her meaning that her trigger finger barely reaches the trigger.
I’m trying to figure out the best approach to resolve this for her?

Obviously the first thing would be to get the “small” grip module but from what I’ve seen, the small module is only slightly smaller (like 0.2” in circumference) then the “medium”? I was also going to try installing the flat blade trigger but I’m not sure if that would help much if at all?

Is there any type of setback trigger mod for the 320? What would you guys suggest (and don’t say buy a different gun! Lol)

Thank you

Posts: 71 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: January 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have small and medium modules. There’s a noticeable difference. If that still doesn’t fit her you could try the small subcompact module. It’s tiny. I’m exaggerating a bit but not much. It is slab sided, no rounding and pretty darn small. The compact slide your Carry has fits fine as well. You would just need to procure some 12 round SC mags or X grip adapters if the gap in frame to mag bothered you. Sig discontinued the SC model but I’m keeping mine. It’s a good size, it just is hard to fight the 365 size anymore f that’s your prime criteria.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
The small module feels smaller than the specs suggest. Compared to the medium it is quite noticeable IMO.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Small standard or small X-Compact will make a difference. I have both, as well as small X-Carry, and X-Full frames, but they are bigger than the small X-Compact.

BUT, I use Wilson frames now...

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. This is one of those times when I wish I had a good stocking dealer near by that had the small grip in stock to try out before plunking down $40 + shipping to find out within 5 minutes if the smaller module will make a big enough difference?

Posts: 71 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: January 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
The different grip module sizes are geared for trigger finger placement. The best way to fit them short of actually trying each on is determine where the trigger finger sits and go up or down.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Wilson Combat grip module is worth a try. It is marginally thinner, but thinner in places that count, such as the upper backstrap. It enables a smaller hand to get more grip, and a higher grip. It's not so much the size change as the ergonomic change. I find that I have a better grip on the Wilson module than the factory original module.

Grayguns markets a "sculpted" grip module. I don't know how much they take off, but it feels considerably better in my hand than a standard x-grip, and it feels smaller. A small amount is removed, I think, alongside the top of the back strap, for the texturing. With the standard x-grip, my thumb and forefinger don't naturally lay flat along the sides of the pistol, whereas with the Grayguns "sculpted" module, they fit much better. Whether it's psychological or not I can't say, as I haven't pulled out calipers to measure anything; it feels better and feels like it fits my hand better.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
The Wilson Combat grip module is worth a try. It is marginally thinner, but thinner in places that count, such as the upper backstrap. It enables a smaller hand to get more grip, and a higher grip. It's not so much the size change as the ergonomic change. I find that I have a better grip on the Wilson module than the factory original module.

I have a WC GP coming this week that I was going to try on one of my 320's. I've read a lot of great things about the WC version, love the look of it and have always been impressed with WC products.

I will certainly have my wife try it but I will be surprised if she likes it (even if it does make an improvement) because one of the other aspects of the WC grip that I like is its more aggressive texturing. My wife has soft hands and does not like anything remotely aggressive.

I've tried to explain to her why that's a good thing but the woman keeps insisting that's she entitled to her own opinions! Just like I keep trying to tell her how a medium rare steak is better then a well done steak but she just won't listen. What's a guy to do? lol

posted Hide Post
The texturing on the front strap and the back strap is a bit more aggressive, but not overly so. The texture on the side panels is non-existent. They're practically slick.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My former crack dealer had a display with multiple sizes/styles of 320 grip modules - might call around to some sig dealers & see if they have the same. Might be put away or soemthing.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airgunner:
Thanks for the replies. This is one of those times when I wish I had a good stocking dealer near by that had the small grip in stock to try out before plunking down $40 + shipping to find out within 5 minutes if the smaller module will make a big enough difference?

Send me your address: L90814@hotmail.com

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post