SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    US Army (P320) M17 & M18 Anti-Tamper Device
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Army (P320) M17 & M18 Anti-Tamper Device Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I have a multi-piece set of spanners, what do I win? Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I can see the tamperproof on the striker removal as the 320 has a rather unique & easy to loose hairpin spring on the striker drop safety that is not only very easy to loose but not the easiest to reinstall correctly.

Also, nothing cast in stone requiring the FCU tamperproof screw to remain in place. Each unit could determine if they want their users to be able to remove the FCU for cleaning.

On the 1911a1's that I carried when in the service the firing pin & extractor came out rather easily but we never removed those in the field.

Posts: 125 | Registered: October 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
No chance of people using a fork, none whatsoever.

That WAS Top Secret information...

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having been in, this sadly makes a lot of sense to me. I think a lot of people are looking at this as gun owners and fans, not as service members who may not know as much as you think about their guns.

This should keep the ones who don't know their guns from doing something stupid and for Joe the tinkerer, he'll probably mess it up so spectacularly as to be the obvious cause.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Give it to a platoon or a flight, tell them not to mess with it and turn your back for 15 minutes.

They can be almost as fast as a couple of 8 year olds.

Instant LTP.

Little. Tiny. Parts...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
And now we know the reason for the selection over the G19. Lol

Paul Harvey.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen grunts loose the cotter pin holding the firing pin on the BCG of an M16 while in the field. I can see why big army doesn't want grunts having access to removing the FCU in the field.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
It'll eventually get to where the rank and file are just issued whatever grip is already on the gun.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Loose vs. Lose.

There is a difference, but some participants on this thread seem to be it ignorant of that difference.

Mad

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, maybe they just think of it as a loosely defined concept.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like my P320C, but as a retired Ordnance Corps officer the whole current state of weapons procurement kind of chaps my ass.

While the emphasis seams to be on "modularity" and some BS terms like "increased lethality" tossed-around, I haven't seen anything about dirt or sand tests, salt corrosion tests, MRBF, accuracy tests, etc.

After talking to the PM on the late M8 rifle project, I started to realize that these days it's PowerPoint and razzle-dazzle, which may or may not result in a good piece of equipment.... And "discovery learning" can sometimes suck.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
It's a nice bronzey, golden-ish finish.

SIG is making a killing on all those grip frames. Dolla-Dolla-Billz.

Not really, they are only charging the Army a bit over $200 per gun.

Yes they are.

It only cost 80 dollars to produce a Glock. They basically give guns away free to departments. But they make their money on spare parts and training.

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post