SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92fs INOX or SIG P226 2 tone??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92fs INOX or SIG P226 2 tone?? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Another "problem" for me with the Beretta is that since aftermarket parts for it are readily avilable and distributed by Wilson Combat i already have a "shortlist" of what I am planning to replace...like all stainless trigger, stainless skeletonized hammer...G conversion kit..etc..it will all add up..Umlike the SIG which I just leave alone

Posts: 254 | Location: Manila, philippines | Registered: January 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by perrinyanna:
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Sig. The decocker is in a better location, IMO. The grip is not over-sized. Sights are more easily perfectable. The decocker is not at risk for putting the gun on 'safe' inadvertantly, two-tones are too cool.

Not on your list but not to be over-looked, the CZ 85 in matte nickel with black controls. That's a red hot momma.

already had a CZ75 sometime 20 years ago its a nice and reliable pistol but the finish ia a bit rough for my taste..and during that time its hard to get leather gear for it..and the finish doesnt hold up with our humidity..

Speaking of the environment it will be used in. Is gun ownership is the Philippines easy to do? Can anyone buy a gun? Has this changed at all since Duterte's election?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I've been traditionally a 'black gun' kind of guy, but the more natural stainless (and silver anodized) guns I end up with the more I seem to really like them. Aesthetically, the lines stand out better when done in the lighter tone, as does the attention to detail and even craftsmanship, though admittedly the latter is getting harder to appreciate in this age of cookie-cutter pattern, computer controlled CNC machines.

It's with this mindset and context that I appreciate the design of the Beretta more. Nothing particularly wrong with the traditional, classic P-SIG, mind you. It's just that to my eye, from an aesthetic sense the German is not all that particularly special. From the P220 onward, they've been more about being a no-nonsense, efficient tool. Stoic in design, a no-frills mentality; very Germanic, Bauhaus even. Engineered rather than styled. That in itself has been argued that it has its own level of beauty. But that just doesn't carry the same kind of flair and distinctiveness in the manner that only the Italians seem to know how to do and execute.

Lancia vs Opel. Ferrari vs Mercedes-Benz (sorry, the more 'natural rival' brand Porsche to me is an odd duck, in that they DO have a sense of style--albeit a bit quirky in how you can take a bathtub and invert it into a car--that goes beyond normal Teutonic efficiency of design and styling that generally inundates the German auto industry). That's how I read these two handguns as well.

I've owned far more P226s (and SIGs in general) than I do Berettas. But in the quantity of ammo I expend, these days I shoot them about the same amount of time. The Beretta 92 just seems more of a special design to me. Just having one or two is enough of a experience that satisfies me until I finally break down get another, though not that the next will necessarily be better than the last. The P226, despite how good it is, is however one of those designs for me that I was constantly trying to find a better version than the last one I had. With my Mk25 and X-Fives I think I (kind of) reached that plateau, but even now I'm not so sure.

From a functional standpoint both will do you right. Even the US Army found that out 30 years ago when the two were neck-and-neck during that particular military pistol trials. Neither gives an inch to the other, unless you're one of those who whines about how huge a gun grip feels in your small, small hands. Then there's no help for you.

You already own a SIG. You need to experience the Beretta. Thus endeth the sermon.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Early 90s Sig two tone - easy to say, since I have one. Cool

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get the Sig. I have a 229 9mm with the 2 tone slide and it is awesome. F*ck the Beretta stuff.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't like two tones so I would say 92FS Inox.

Both pistols are great. One has a safety, one does not.
Both are combat pistols.

Posts: 907 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tend to default to Sig because I live near Robert Burke and can have my guns "tweaked" to my liking very easily. That said, I'd like to get hold of a quality example of a Model 92 Beretta for curiosity sake.

It would have to be black though to be part of this family...

Posts: 31 | Location: Katy, TX | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know that this is a SIG forum, but here it is - what would you choose, a Beretta 92fs INOX or a SIG P226 2 tone(sorry i'm a sucker for Stainless guns because of the very high humidity here in our country)?...i already/only have one SIG a P229 EE 9mm, 2 glocks(17 & 19), 2 stainless Colt 1911s(Govt. & Commander) but no Berettas yet...are they still worth "collecting/owning"? Or is it's design really way past its time? I want something that i can enjoy shooting too....thanks!

Umm, d'uh. P226.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Sig. The decocker is in a better location, IMO. The grip is not over-sized. Sights are more easily perfectable. The decocker is not at risk for putting the gun on 'safe' inadvertantly, two-tones are too cool.

Not on your list but not to be over-looked, the CZ 85 in matte nickel with black controls. That's a red hot momma.

already had a CZ75 sometime 20 years ago its a nice and reliable pistol but the finish ia a bit rough for my taste..and during that time its hard to get leather gear for it..and the finish doesnt hold up with our humidity..

Speaking of the environment it will be used in. Is gun ownership is the Philippines easy to do? Can anyone buy a gun? Has this changed at all since Duterte's election?

Hello there...gun ownership is still relatively the same, they removed some requirement for renewing your LTOPF(License To Own and Possess firearms) a requirement needed before you can buy or own a firearm..separate fees for this for a type 4(which will allow you to own up to 15 firearms) it is PHP 5,000 good for 2 years or around USD 100/2 years validity...per firearm has a separate registration/license it cost PHP 1,600 (USD 32) valid for 4 years for pistols, revolvers, shotguns, rimfire rifles..but for caliber 5.56 rifles it is PHP 4,000( USD 80) valid also for 4 years..Technically you will need a PTCFOR(Permit To Carry Firearms Outside Residence)and it will cost you PHP 6,200(USD 124)good for one year and that is per firearm!
Firearms and parts availability here is decent but expect 2.5-3X your USD prices there...like SIG P229 EE 9mm is PHP 85,000(USD 1700)...The legion series is around PHP 140,000(USD 2800)..
Beretta 92FS INOX PHP 65,000(USD 1300)...The magpul PMag magazine for AR rifles they sell here for PHP 2,800-3400(USD 56-68)..

Posts: 254 | Location: Manila, philippines | Registered: January 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
Get the Sig. I have a 229 9mm with the 2 tone slide and it is awesome. F*ck the Beretta stuff.

do you have the newer slide design? or the old slide with the narrow grasping grooves?