SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92fs INOX or SIG P226 2 tone??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92fs INOX or SIG P226 2 tone?? Login/Join 
posted
I know that this is a SIG forum, but here it is - what would you choose, a Beretta 92fs INOX or a SIG P226 2 tone(sorry i'm a sucker for Stainless guns because of the very high humidity here in our country)?...i already/only have one SIG a P229 EE 9mm, 2 glocks(17 & 19), 2 stainless Colt 1911s(Govt. & Commander) but no Berettas yet...are they still worth "collecting/owning"? Or is it's design really way past its time? I want something that i can enjoy shooting too....thanks!

Posts: 254 | Location: Manila, philippines | Registered: January 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
I don't think you could go wrong with either. If I was faced with the same choice at the moment, I would choose the Beretta. Mostly because I don't have one and would like to own one.

That said, having shot both (My Dad has an Inox 92FS, and I have a few SIG's) I think the SIG is a bit more easy to handle than the Beretta. It's easier to break down, re-assemble, and the P226 has less muzzle flip than the 92. (I stress that these are my opinions.)

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just sold my INOX because the trigger sucked so I suggest you get the P226.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I own both, P226 and several Beretta 92 variants. My personal preference is for the Beretta. There is not a thing wrong with the P226, it's a great pistol and is nicely two toned from CCR. I have a 92A1 done in stainless by CCR, a 92 compact INOX, a vertec INOX, and a Wilson Brig Tac.

The Beretta just works better for me, it's my favorite full size 9mm. Feels good, super accurate, reliable, etc. I shoot well with it. My P226 kind of sits in the safe now.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both. Wouldn't part with either.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Beretta I would pick. Bet-your-life reliable (just like the P226), but it fits my hands better. Btw, there's nothing "past its time" about it.

I heard some time ago that the 1911 is obsolete, also. Eek

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
If you already have a Sig get the Beretta. For me, the "age" of a handgun's design has nothing to do with whether I would buy it. I've owned Sigs for a lot longer than I've owned Berettas but I prefer the "feel" of the Beretta and I shoot it better than the the Sig (comparing a 92A1 to P226 9mm).

Posts: 4075 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
The Beretta 92 was the first handgun I ever bought. The P226, the second. They are both nearly equal in my eye, in terms of handling, accuracy, and most importantly, reliability.

Of the two you suggest, I would go with the Beretta. The reason being, I don't like 2-tone pistols. That is a completely personal preference. I also happen to think the Inox 92 is one of the sexiest handguns ever created.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I say Beretta. There is just something special about those INOX Beretta's.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Beretta Moe-Bettah

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys! plus score for the Beretta..they are being offered at alost the same price here since no one is buying them anymore..people here are buying Glocks and 1911s...I just dont like the safety and i hope I can change it to a decocker only..

Posts: 254 | Location: Manila, philippines | Registered: January 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I'll jump on the bandwagon and rally another vote for the 92. Sold a fine INOX speciman a while back and hve been regretting it ever since.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
I'll jump on the bandwagon and rally another vote for the 92. Sold a fine INOX speciman a while back and hve been regretting it ever since.

Hows the durability of the silver anodized alloy frame? does it stand well to kydex holster wear?

Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Hmm...I'm a leather guy so one of the other brutha's will have to opine. Generally, I found it to be quite durable for normal handling.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last pistol I would ever part with is my Beretta. I don't know if you can get the "D" spring for it, but if you can, it is worth it.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HawkeyeJohn
posted Hide Post
P226. I don't like pistols with the safety/decocker on the slide. Especially if they're ambi.

Posts: 383 | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Hard to pass up a true Beretta Inox...

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Sig. The decocker is in a better location, IMO. The grip is not over-sized. Sights are more easily perfectable. The decocker is not at risk for putting the gun on 'safe' inadvertantly, two-tones are too cool.

Not on your list but not to be over-looked, the CZ 85 in matte nickel with black controls. That's a red hot momma.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Sig. The decocker is in a better location, IMO. The grip is not over-sized. Sights are more easily perfectable. The decocker is not at risk for putting the gun on 'safe' inadvertantly, two-tones are too cool.

Not on your list but not to be over-looked, the CZ 85 in matte nickel with black controls. That's a red hot momma.

already had a CZ75 sometime 20 years ago its a nice and reliable pistol but the finish ia a bit rough for my taste..and during that time its hard to get leather gear for it..and the finish doesnt hold up with our humidity..

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
Hmm...I'm a leather guy so one of the other brutha's will have to opine. Generally, I found it to be quite durable for normal handling.

Im a leather guy too but since i only plan to use this Inox 92FS rarely im thinking of getting a kydex holster because its cheaper.